Aww... Poor JLS!

Good Times Good Times

9andawiggle 2 said: If they're not willing to address the problem, then really there's no way they can keep control of a misc. forum. It's not a priority for them, and I guess if the site is what they want it to be, well that's their right. Sure, in a way it sucks... but in another way Tony is getting some more support for his site, so it's good that way. We should be thankful for having a welcoming place to gather and rebuild - hopefully having learned from the past. It would have been easy for Tony to see what went down, and he could have said "No way do I want that shit on my site", but he didn't. And here we are. There are a few others I'd like to see make the move here, but we can't peer pressure everyone as easily as we did jls. :D We'll get it there (and thanks to GregT for all the work he's put into this!) Just like any other big change in life, it takes time for people to re-adjust and get used to/accept the newness of the situation.
What is bold isn't entirely true (though I get what you're saying). If I had mod powers I could zap a bastard as soon as they show their troll tendency.
That being said, I WOULD NOT zap someone for their religious/political beliefs and opinions (even if they are ignorant). But personal info posts, simple trolling, blatant trolling etc.....that would get one zapped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Good Times Good Times said:
9andawiggle 2 said: If they're not willing to address the problem, then really there's no way they can keep control of a misc. forum. It's not a priority for them, and I guess if the site is what they want it to be, well that's their right. Sure, in a way it sucks... but in another way Tony is getting some more support for his site, so it's good that way. We should be thankful for having a welcoming place to gather and rebuild - hopefully having learned from the past. It would have been easy for Tony to see what went down, and he could have said "No way do I want that shit on my site", but he didn't. And here we are. There are a few others I'd like to see make the move here, but we can't peer pressure everyone as easily as we did jls. :D We'll get it there (and thanks to GregT for all the work he's put into this!) Just like any other big change in life, it takes time for people to re-adjust and get used to/accept the newness of the situation.
What is bold isn't entirely true (though I get what you're saying). If I had mod powers I could zap a bastard as soon as they show their troll tendency.
That being said, I WOULD NOT zap someone for their religious/political beliefs and opinions (even if they are ignorant). But personal info posts, simple trolling, blatant trolling etc.....that would get one zapped.

That's exactly it. People in a forum such as this need the freedom to express nearly anything they feel. If that's chewing the ass off someone, so be it. I mean, we can't have people chanting "death to (insert favorite peave here)", but they can sure express their dislike or disagreement. That was the major problem with BR. When they said unmoderated they meant "you're on you own, fucker." I wouldn't even call this forum moderated. Sure, there are certain rules, but those rules are pretty laid back. Banning is a last resort, unless someone is purposely trolling, in which case they disappear. And that's the major difference here. We can control the fuckwads and still argue, bitch, piss and moan. If it happens to get personal and tempers are flaring, well, maybe just a friendly reminder can take place and we're all back to normal. It's all good here. We'll make this work JUST FINE...

P.S. Thanx, 9~. Much appreciated.

Good Times Good Times

Greg T said:

That's exactly it. People in a forum such as this need the freedom to express nearly anything they feel. If that's chewing the ass off someone, so be it. I mean, we can't have people chanting "death to (insert favorite peave here)", but they can sure express their dislike or disagreement. That was the major problem with BR. When they said unmoderated they meant "you're on you own, fucker." I wouldn't even call this forum moderated. Sure, there are certain rules, but those rules are pretty laid back. Banning is a last resort, unless someone is purposely trolling, in which case they disappear. And that's the major difference here. We can control the fuckwads and still argue, bitch, piss and moan. If it happens to get personal and tempers are flaring, well, maybe just a friendly reminder can take place and we're all back to normal. It's all good here. We'll make this work JUST FINE...
I will auto-ban you for the Obama birth certificates thing though. lolz j/k

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger

I will auto-ban you for the Obama birth certificates thing though. lolz j/k
Don't MAKE me post the pic of that fake document again....

Spider

Dear Rob,

Now it's 320 views, since my allbowling plug! Like the fucking sparrows, you can count on brianboo to take a cheap shot. Guess Milo beat him to the punch. Nobody is begging - we just want to get the word out for this place.

Spider

ccrider just slammed the lazy mods good!

Before it's deleted:

The mods reaction in doing away with the forum all together is about as absurd as some of the crazy unmoderated post that were being posted in the forum.

Spider

I'm wondering how long until BR deletes my "personal text". We all know the current thread will be gone, so we will need to be more subtle. As for boo, I can only imagine it's a eutopia of "principled conservatives".

Spider

No. But he might like the sports forum, as a college football fan.

JLS

Greg T said:
Agreed. Those threads would have done more good left there for all to see.
CRD....READ WHAT THEY SAID...

JLS

Greg T said:
Well, he could go over and start a new one....
CRD...READ WHAT THE THEY SAID....

SO I DID RE POST THEM...

JLS

Greg T said:
Seriously??? I can't speak for anyone else, but I liked the fact that you created that thread. It gave us the chance to see all the assholes try to defend themselves!!
crd....READ WHAT GREG SAID...

Spider

No, need to fight about it... BR is not bringing the forum back BUT some free advertising can't hurt us. As for the "Argument" thread, seems BR Tech zapped it.

JLS

Robadat said:
Nah, we don't blame you. You didn't cause the Forum to be removed...
Those threads were actually pretty good. Showed the mods there that there were a lot of users not involved in the shenanigans upset over the demise of the forum.
crd....MORE FOR YOU TO READ

Robadat

Spider Man said:
No, need to fight about it... BR is not bringing the forum back BUT some free advertising can't hurt us. As for the "Argument" thread, seems BR Tech zapped it.
Yep, gone...
Guess they don't want to hear no more. I can live with that.