BHO: 'Islam Woven Into Fabric of Country Since Founding'

Spider

CNSNews.com) - We hear a lot about the United States' Judeo-Christian heritage, but according to President Obama, "Islam has been woven into the fabric of our country since its founding."
That's what the president told a White House conference on "countering violent extremism" on Wednesday.
Obama has said similar things in the past:
"I also know that Islam has always been a part of America’s story,” Obama said in a June 2009 speech in Cairo, Egypt. "Islam has always been part of America," he said in a 2010 statement marking the start of Ramadan. And in a 2014 statement marking Eid, Obama said the holiday "also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy."
In his speech on Wednesday, Obama was making the point that Western nations must show that they "welcome people of all faiths," at a time when "extremists" are saying that Western nations are "hostile to Muslims."

Last edited by a moderator:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I'm starting to think Goo-Lee-Ahn-Knee (or however you spell it) is not just spouting off rhetoric, and might be right about Obama...

Spider

A poll recently came out that 22% of ALL muslims want jihad. Doing the math, that's a lot...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Good Times Good Times said:
Spider Man said:
A poll recently came out that 22% of ALL muslims want jihad. Doing the math, that's a lot...
ALL muslims were polled?
Well, you know about polls. 100% of people who love carrots will die after eating them.

Spider

You didn't take stats in college? You do understand representitve sample sizes?

I'm not defending the poll, only citing what I heard on a news show... Yes, the "good" ones are finally not laying down (Egypt / Jordan), but BHO is going off the rails with this revisionist history jive. And to that point, the crusades have long since been over. Hacking up contractors or raping small girls doesn't help erase ancient history.

Spider

and those who breathe O2.

Greg T said:
Spider Man said:
ALL muslims were polled?
Well, you know about polls. 100% of people who love carrots will die after eating them.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Spider Man said:
and those who breathe O2.

Greg T said:
Spider Man said:
ALL muslims were polled?
Yup. Zactly. That's how much faith I put in polls. They're so easily manipulated I don't even know why people stil care.

Spider

I also blame the Ottoman-Turk empire for losing WW1. B/c they lost, the UK was able to carve up their lands and form artificial borders.

Good Times Good Times

Spider Man said:
You didn't take stats in college? You do understand representitve sample sizes?

I'm not defending the poll, only citing what I heard on a news show... Yes, the "good" ones are finally not laying down (Egypt / Jordan), but BHO is going off the rails with this revisionist history jive. And to that point, the crusades have long since been over. Hacking up contractors or raping small girls doesn't help erase ancient history.
I did, thus my natural skepticism towards polls in general (namely ones that make such large claims on _______ {insert large group of people}).
As to the cruscades. they've long been over and it's well established that both sides did some rough things.
It's like with anything, there are the good and the bad. Murderers and rapists exist in all shapes/forms/manifestations and children are abused, abducted and killed daily even here in the U.S. Though I will concede that the areas w/higher concentrations DO get most of the attention, especially politically as opposed to the more spread out and random ones.

Spider

You know, I'm just overthinking this pile of shit... Obama was raised, at a young age, in Indonesia. Educated in muslim schools. Maybe he was just taught that Ben, Tom, George and the gang looked to the Koran when formulating this great country.

Spider

Instead of this being the true "New Jerusalem", it's really "New Cairo". lolz

Good Times Good Times

Spider Man said:You know, I'm just overthinking this pile of shit... Obama was raised, at a young age, in Indonesia. Educated in muslim schools.
So that means our default should be that he believes and endorses Sharia law?
This has more to do w/our presuppositions.
My thought is that the guy despises ISIS (legitimately), he just doesn't want us to invade and take the lead (let the world lead here) in another one of these conflicts. He's really damned if he does ("Obama's got us in another Afghanistan") damned if he doesn't ("Obama's soft and a muslim sympathizer, look at his history!).
POTUS is a thankless and probably lonely job.

Spider

Stay out of it you say? Really bro? Damn good thing Stuart is leaving the air...

BHO facilitated the recent destabilization in Egypt. He endorsed the Muslim Brotherhood (google his brother's ties to these clowns. deep rabbit hole there.). The military rose up and threw those fucks out. Ironically, Egypt now seems to be on OUR side. You be the judge there.

BHO facilitated the fall of Gadafi, in Libya. Gadafi had been cooperating with the US, after W put the fear of God into him. Libya is still in turmoil.

BHO wanted the overthrow of Assad in Syria. He WEAKENED Assad, to the point of near collapse. IS's base of operations extends into Syria. We now seemingly are on the same side as Assad, as we declare we don't like IS. Again, you be the judge here.

To paraphrase you: Yes, he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

[Drops mic]