Blizzard for NorthEast...

Robadat

Active Member
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bl...ngerous-blizzard-bears-down-northeast-n293526
Tens of millions of people in the Northeast hunkered down on Monday for a historic blizzard that was forecast to drop 2 feet of snow or more and bring Boston and New York to a standstill.​

All set for this...
Leaving at three today to get home before all hell breaks loose. Stocked up all my supplies over the w/e. Just waiting for it to get here.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Good to see you, GTGT. Yeah, I'm hoping that shit doesn't change course like it usually does. It's beginning to snow a bit up here right now. Hopefully it's just a flurry or so. You better hunker down, Rob!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
milo rafferty said:
Good Times Good Times said:
What's up Rob!
Yep, the word is the weather is most certainly coming. 3ft and some major wind....​

So Greg you not only welcome asshole turtle here, but you welcome asshole x 2 as well?​


Come on, Milo. We all moved here for a fresh and clean start. We didn't force anyone here and nobody has a gun to their heads making them stay. Those who show up here do so on their own accord. Currently there are two types of people here; Those who want to co-exist peacefully and those who are here to disrupt and start trouble. PLEASE tell me you're the former and not the latter.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Robadat

Active Member
milo rafferty said:
Good Times Good Times said:
What's up Rob!
Yep, the word is the weather is most certainly coming. 3ft and some major wind....​

So Greg you not only welcome asshole turtle here, but you welcome asshole x 2 as well?​
Well, I won't speak for anyone else, Milo, but I'll welcome anybody as long as they follow the rules here...
Back on Topic, they're calling for 2' or more here with 40 MPH winds gusting up over 60 during the height of the storm...Our last big snow with heavy winds back in the 90's ended up giving me about 5' drifts behind my house. I think my back is still sore from that one. Not looking forward to digging out...They're also calling for coastal flooding in the 2 to 4' range, I don't think that will be much of a problem, we had a lot worse here during Sandy...but adding the salt water to the snow makes for a wet, heavy slush, a bitch to clean out, just hope it doesn't freeze up. Temps are supposed to be in the teens to low twenties so I don't think it will freeze too quickly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

sevenpin63

Well-Known Member
Good luck Rob, hunker down and stay safe.

Taking care of that snow is for the younger guys, not old farts like you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Robadat

Active Member
Sevenpin 63 said:
Good luck Rob, hunker down and stay safe.
Taking care of that snow is for the younger guys, not old farts like you.​
My son and grandson are staying with me, I'll be making sure they do a good job... :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Member
Rob, good luck bro. Hope you got a generator when that heavy shit falls. I'm in the safe zone this time.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Member
Milo, unless you've shoveled 3' of snow, why hijack this thread?
milo rafferty said:

Good Times Good Times said:
What's up Rob!
Yep, the word is the weather is most certainly coming. 3ft and some major wind....​

So Greg you not only welcome asshole turtle here, but you welcome asshole x 2 as well?​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Robadat

Active Member
Woke up this morning and we only got about 8" of snow out there. Forecast for about another 1" thru 2PM today before it clears up. Still pretty windy but nothing like they said was gonna happen. Blizzard warnings were cancelled for the area.
Hear eastern LI got about a foot and a half...
Getting tired of these fucking weather guys, they don't know shit...At least I got the day off today, so I can't be too mad at the weather dude. :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Aspen 666 said:
I'm in Portsmouth NH and we have been getting slammed. I think it side stepped NY for the most part, but got us pretty good up here in New England.

My flight already cancelled today, so between heading out to snowblow, I'll be online some today.

Also gives me a chance to reach out to a few contacts and see if they might be willing to join. The griips glove haters will be glad to know a couple guys from back in the BR days said they weren't interested in wasting their time here and participating in "glove wars, Part II". Haha that's what one called it.​
Post it in the equipment section and you'll not have any problems. This forum is called "everything ELSE" for a reason.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Robadat

Active Member
Aspen 666 said:
I'm in Portsmouth NH and we have been getting slammed. I think it side stepped NY for the most part, but got us pretty good up here in New England.
My flight already cancelled today, so between heading out to snowblow, I'll be online some today.
Also gives me a chance to reach out to a few contacts and see if they might be willing to join. The griips glove haters will be glad to know a couple guys from back in the BR days said they weren't interested in wasting their time here and participating in "glove wars, Part II". Haha that's what one called it.​
Well, I hope you get through the storm safely. Be careful cleaning up when it's all done with.
As for your glove, please bring it up in the proper forum, this topic isn't about that sort of thing, unless it helps with snow removal...Does it help one get a better grip on a snow shovel???
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Robadat

Active Member
I think we need a way to lock topics here as this topic has obviously been hijacked. I don't know if AB Moderator is legit or not, but I'll be contacting Mr. Melendez to see if he can set the site up so topic owners can lock them when they get out of hand.
As for the GG guys, I posted a topic in the equipment forum for you, try and use it so that forum becomes active...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AB-Admin

Douche Police
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
Robadat said:
I think we need a way to lock topics here as this topic has obviously been hijacked. I don't know if AB Moderator is legit or not, but I'll be contacting Mr. Melendez to see if he can set the site up so topic owners can lock them when they get out of hand.
As for the GG guys, I posted a topic in the equipment forum for you, try and use it so that forum becomes active...​
Mr. Robadat,
I can assure you that we are working on the little bug list we are accumulating and hoping to have resolved in the near future. This is new software that has not been fully tested. There will be a block user function, a lock topic function and a few other little ditties that seem to be lacking at the moment. All we ask is that you please be patient. We have the software crew working on the glitches.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Robadat

Active Member
Jason aka Djarum said:
Dang, already putting a lot of work on Tony.

The site's obviously a work in progress. I'll give them all the time they need to get it right, just hoping they can control all the BS before it gets too far out of hand. It's all we can do.
Now, back on topic: It looks like it hasn't snowed here in the last hour although there's a lot of snow still blowing around. Winds are still pretty gusty, up in the 20 - 30 mph range...gonna get out there and at least try to clear a path to the street. Plowing seems to have been kept up with the storm as my street looks passable.
Coastal flooding overnight was thankfully, a no show. Water levels around here only ran about 2 1/2 ft above normal for the area, nothing on most of the local streets.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Robadat

Active Member
Update: Winds have significantly diminished and all shoveling is done. :)
Snow was light and powdery, no problem cleaning it up. I could have used a better pair of gloves as it is only 21° out there and my fingers are frozen.
No icing...should be fine from here on out...even got the car dug out, ready to go...
Oh uh, another little snow flurry just started up again... :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
As soon as a flake falls here mass histeria sets in and the city shuts down, lol.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top