Blue Bell Ice Cream Not Available

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
The report that came out wasn't good.

On one hand, I had only heard about 3 deaths related to the ice cream - in hospitals and patients who were possibly more vulnerable to infection. Things happen, and initially I thought this was just another media witch hunt that got blown out of proportion.

But the report shows they knew about contamination issued for at least a couple of years... that is shitty, if true, for anyone in the food business. Although I suspect it's more common than we think.

Yet a part of me also wonders... don't food facilities have to be inspected/passed on a regular basis (at least yearly)? And if so, why didn't the health inspectors/FDA catch it and make them correct the issue? And why aren't they taking any heat in the media?

Finally, the conspiracy theorist in me suggests that the media pummelling of an expanding family owned business has sinister roots. I wonder if it's a coordinated PR assault backed by Unilever to slow their momentum/crush them. The modern version of gangsters taking down a business that is becoming too successful. Perhaps the plan is to weaken them to a point where a cheap buyout can take place?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
My wife and I have liked and enjoyed Blue Bell ice cream products for a long time, and on one vacation trip to Texas, we even toured the Blue Bell plant in Brenham, Texas.