Brit Hume delivers Journalism 101 lesson to NBC anchor

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Brit Hume – after 23 years with ABC News, 12 years as Washington managing editor with Fox News and more as senior political analyst for Fox – has delivered a Journalism 101 lesson to Lester Holt.

Holt, the NBC anchor, said Tuesday while accepting an award recently, "I think it's become clear that fairness is overrated."

Hume responded on Twitter.

"This argument rests on the proposition that the media always know the truth," he said. "But they don't, as his own network's coverage of the bogus – and implausible – Russia collusion tale illustrates. Not to mention the media's reporting of early Covid 19 advice that turned out wrong."

Holt's attitude perhaps is reflected in a recent Gallup poll showing only 9% of Americans have "a great deal" of trust in the media and 60% have no trust or "not very much."

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Holt is one son of a bitch I cannot stand. From the first time I saw him on the news I said he was an arrogant dick. His arrogance increases with age.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Holt is one son of a bitch I cannot stand. From the first time I saw him on the news I said he was an arrogant dick. His arrogance increases with age.
Dear Greg T:

I used to watch him once in a while, but I can't stand him either, so I haven't watched him at all in a long time.