Carrie Fisher's Mother, Debbie Reynolds, Hospitalized. Update: Passes Away

MI2AZ

While planning daughter Carrie Fisher's funeral, Debbie Reynolds was rushed to the hospital for a possible stroke, sources tell TMZ. Reynolds, 84, was at her son Todd Fisher's home Wednesday when someone called 911. On Tuesday, Reynolds had posted on Facebook, "Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop. Love Carries Mother."

MI2AZ

One more tragedy: Legendary actress Debbie Reynolds died Wednesday at age 84, just after the death of daughter Carrie Fisher. "She wanted to be with Carrie," son Todd Fisher tells Variety. While planning her daughter's funeral, Reynolds was rushed to the hospital for a possible stroke, sources tell TMZ. Reynolds was at Todd Fisher's home when someone called 911. On Tuesday, Reynolds had posted on Facebook, "Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop. Love Carries Mother." Reynolds was a giant star with MGM well before her daughter's Star Wars fame, starring in movies such as Singin in the Rain (1952) and The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964).

Last edited: