FAMOUS BATTLE CRIES...

JLS

REMEMBER THE ALAMO...LET THEY EAT FISH...NUTS...IT AIN'T OVER TIL IT'S OVER....AND NOW...

WE AIN'T AFRAID OF NO GOAT...

CUBS IN 5...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
REMEMBER THE ALAMO...LET THEY EAT FISH...NUTS...IT AIN'T OVER TIL IT'S OVER....AND NOW...

WE AIN'T AFRAID OF NO GOAT...

CUBS IN 5...
... but it's that "It ain't over 'til it's over" phrase (which works both ways) that has to be of concern to long-suffering Cubs fans.

Reactions: JLS

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Ain't gonna be decided until game 7, JLS. Way too much money to be made... this is the dream season for licensed retailers, and of course the stadiums/beer/food vendors and bars all over Chicago and Cleveland. Nothing short of 7 games will be allowed.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Ain't gonna be decided until game 7, JLS. Way too much money to be made... this is the dream season for licensed retailers, and of course the stadiums/beer/food vendors and bars all over Chicago and Cleveland. Nothing short of 7 games will be allowed.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

That's a "conspiracy theory" of sorts ... but you're certainly correct that the additional revenue would be ENORMOUS if the Series goes a full seven games, so you can't totally ignore that what-should-be a remote possibility.

Good Times Good Times

Who even played in the 2015 WS?

There's your answer. ;)
Oh, so all "popular" series' the fix is in, all others are not? I see how you see it.

You do realize how they would miss 3 games of revenue there (even at a less popular series that is a LOT of $)? The Mets are not a small market team.......so again, willful missed value there?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Oh, so all "popular" series' the fix is in, all others are not? I see how you see it.

You do realize how they would miss 3 games of revenue there (even at a less popular series that is a LOT of $)? The Mets are not a small market team.......so again, willful missed value there?
All I'm saying is that money is involved, and lots of it. Choices have to be made in order to not be blatantly obvious about it, but when certain opportunities present themselves, I don't doubt there are people willing to use their influence to capitalize.

Look at Sumo wrestling. On the surface, who would guess the level of corruption that goes on behind the scenes? With the money in NFL, MLB, NBA, and even NASCAR (anyone else notice Jimmy quit winning as often at Charlotte after Lowe's quit being title sponsor of the track? Hmmm...) I don't think everything is always as sanitary and wholesome as fans are led to believe. It's just my general distrust of man (when it comes to money) I guess.

On edit: I also enjoy a good conspiracy theory now and then! ;) :Biggrin:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ANY RATIONAL THOUGHT WOULD HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE SOME GAMES, SERIESES, MATCHES, ETC, THAT THE FIX IS IN.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ALREADY HAPPENED HERE G. SEVERAL PEOPLE REPORTED THAT AFTER THEY CAST THEIR VOTE, THE WRONG CANDIDATE GOT THE VOTE. THE POLE OPERATER SAID IT WAS USER ERROR. BUT, IT WAS MORE THAN 1 PERSON THAT IT HAPPENED TO. AND THEY SAID IT COULD NOT BE CHANGED, ONCE ITS ENTERED IT HAS TO STAND.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
ANY RATIONAL THOUGHT WOULD HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE SOME GAMES, SERIESES, MATCHES, ETC, THAT THE FIX IS IN.
... and if "the fix is in" in sports situations -- and I KNOW, beyond a doubt, that it's true -- is there any question as to whether "the fix is in" with regard to politics (and media coverage of politics)?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
ALREADY HAPPENED HERE G. SEVERAL PEOPLE REPORTED THAT AFTER THEY CAST THEIR VOTE, THE WRONG CANDIDATE GOT THE VOTE. THE POLE OPERATER SAID IT WAS USER ERROR. BUT, IT WAS MORE THAN 1 PERSON THAT IT HAPPENED TO. AND THEY SAID IT COULD NOT BE CHANGED, ONCE ITS ENTERED IT HAS TO STAND.
... and the odds are pretty good that the "errors" were almost always in favor of the Democrats.

JLS

More battle cries...

THE CUBS SUCK...

MADDEN SUCKS...

CUBS CHOKE AGAIN...

WAIT FOREVER....

The suck ass jerkoffs just made Sox fans happy....now we have to listen to them and watch them suck and kiss their fuxxcking ring...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
More battle cries...

THE CUBS SUCK...

MADDEN SUCKS...

CUBS CHOKE AGAIN...

WAIT FOREVER....

The suck ass jerkoffs just made Sox fans happy....now we have to listen to them and watch them suck and kiss their fuxxcking ring...
... but don't give up yet. The Cubs may actually end all those years of frustration. Then again, if they don't pull of a Series win, it will still have a been a GREAT yet disappointing season.

Reactions: JLS