Florida mom shot in back by 4-year-old son

Good Times Good Times

http://bigstory.ap.org/8e313f942ff84cffbd4e9f80f7f7aeea

A north Florida woman told deputies her 4-year-old son shot her in the back while he was sitting in the back seat of her pickup truck.

A Putnam County Sheriff's Office news release says a deputy saw 31-year-old Jamie Gilt of Jacksonville behaving frantically inside the truck Tuesday afternoon and quickly realized she'd been shot.

Go look at her Facebook page, it's a delight. And not at all surprising.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't mind her being pro-gun. I mind her being stupid and irresponsible with the weapons she has. Hopefully this incident will help her and her family wise up and become responsible gun owners before anybody else gets hurt.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't have a FB account, so all I see is a single page where your link lands. I can't dig into anything else or it asks me to login. That page I didn't find anything alarming. She's obviously pro-gun, straight ticket Repub I would guess, but nothing inherently evil - unless all that is buried elsewhere...

I do find the pic of Clint Eastwood, saying "If there's a gun around I want to be in control of it" quite ironic though... :Laugh:

But then, I grew up in an area where people had and loved guns, so maybe that's why I'm not too alarmed about it? The only people I remember hearing about getting shot did it to themselves, on purpose. :(

Good Times Good Times

I don't have a FB account, so all I see is a single page where your link lands. I can't dig into anything else or it asks me to login. That page I didn't find anything alarming. She's obviously pro-gun, straight ticket Repub I would guess, but nothing inherently evil - unless all that is buried elsewhere...

I do find the pic of Clint Eastwood, saying "If there's a gun around I want to be in control of it" quite ironic though... :Laugh:

But then, I grew up in an area where people had and loved guns, so maybe that's why I'm not too alarmed about it? The only people I remember hearing about getting shot did it to themselves, on purpose. :(
"Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense"

Ironically, sense wasn't used in the OP. Either she's a liar when it comes to being "gun sensible" OR gun sense didn't work.

Incredible, "MURRICA! MURRICA! GUN SENSE/RESPONSIBILITY! MURRICA!", and gun sense wasn't used and she's shot.

Of all people! :Laugh:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
"Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense"

Ironically, sense wasn't used in the OP. Either she's a liar when it comes to being "gun sensible" OR gun sense didn't work.

Incredible, "MURRICA! MURRICA! GUN SENSE/RESPONSIBILITY! MURRICA!", and gun sense wasn't used and she's shot.

Of all people! :Laugh:
Well, them's rules fer ever'body else. I do what I want! :Laugh:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I didn't read the story, nor did I see her FB page. Mainly because when I click the link it says it's not available. BUT, all I can say about this is anyone who gets shot in the back by an adolescent while driving got what they deserved.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I think we should round up a posse and hang her son for the coward he is! Shooting someone in the back... not man enough to take her on face to face!

:Roflmao:

Robadat

Two things strike with this report.

1) A responsible gun owner should never leave a weapon where a 4 yo child can get a hold of it. That is a huge mistake on the mother's part, and she paid a pretty steep price for it. Thankfully, the child wasn't injured and nobody died.

2)Tough lady, took a .45 in the back that exited out her belly and survived. She should have been a Darwin Award winner.