Get ready for massive rioting by radical leftists!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Roe vs. Wade has just been overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court, sending the issue of abortion back to the states – where it belongs.

In my opinion, as a staunch believer in a moral responsibility to protect and fight for innocent human life, SCOTUS did the right thing in support of the sanctity of life, because all Americans, born and yet to be born, have a God-given right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Roe vs. Wade has just been overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court, sending the issue of abortion back to the states – where it belongs.

In my opinion, as a staunch believer in a moral responsibility to protect and fight for innocent human life, SCOTUS did the right thing in support of the sanctity of life, because all Americans, born and yet to be born, have a God-given right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
I don't think SCOTUS was ruling on the sanctity of life. They were rightly deciding that the power to legislate in this area lies with the States and not the Federal Government. They need to go through and wipe out a lot of stuff in this same manner - returning more power to the States, as intended by our constitution.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I don't think SCOTUS was ruling on the sanctity of life. They were rightly deciding that the power to legislate in this area lies with the States and not the Federal Government. They need to go through and wipe out a lot of stuff in this same manner - returning more power to the States, as intended by our constitution.
It shouldn't matter. There are already laws against murder. The laws say nothing about age.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I plainly stated MY OPINION about the decision, and I didn't intend to "read anything extra" into what SCOTUS decided.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Wait for the stacking of the court.
Dear Greg T:

The Democrats may push for stacking of the court, but it's extremely unlikely that they would (or could) succeed.

Under the Constitution, the number of Supreme Court Justices isn't fixed, and Congress can change it by passing an act that is then signed by the President. Article III, Section 1, starts with a broad direction to Congress to establish the court system. “The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish.”

But the Democrats would first have to abolish the filibuster rule in the Senate to have a chance to pass a court expansion bill. And even so, it would require all 50 Democrats to vote in favor. And what chance would there be to bring that about?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
There is nothing preventing the federal government to codify abortion, or at least bans on abortion bans at the state level, similarly how the feds made the drinking age 21. Obviously this could be overturned again by the supreme court as the supreme court could reassert states rights.

Fundamentally, the supreme court ruled that the 14th amendment does not apply to abortion. Most legal scholars, even liberal ones, knew that Roe v Wade was junk, and some were the rulings by Casey.

The irony here is that if the abortion clinic in Mississippi would have accepted the new law,
then Roe v Wade would still be law of the land.

My concern moving forward nis if the Rs will lose the moderate vote to Ds at the state level so their state can pass looser abortion laws.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I don't see how any of this can be relevant. There are already laws in place concerning murder. It's illegal. People spend their lives in prison because of murder. Abortion is murder.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
My concern moving forward nis if the Rs will lose the moderate vote to Ds at the state level so their state can pass looser abortion laws.
Anyone has the right to their own mindset with regard to election issues, but anyone who puts abortion at the top of the list pf important election issues isn't using rational thinking.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Anyone has the right to their own mindset with regard to election issues, but anyone who puts abortion at the top of the list pf important election issues isn't using rational thinking.
Eh, I think young women are rationally thinking about where they can get an abortion and what politicians will vote to get them that.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Eh, I think young women are rationally thinking about where they can get an abortion and what politicians will vote to get them that.
Dear Djarum300:

I said that they (or anyone) has the right to make personal decisions about voting issue and priorities, but I maintain that anyone who puts abortion at the top of the list isn't fully considering the magnitude and scope of many other pertinent issues affecting today's America.

Likewise, you have the right to express your viewpoints in this forum and elsewhere.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
So, the few liberal folks I have on my Facebook feed are saying that why aren't conservatives about giving free shit to moms if it was all about the babies.

Of course this is misinformed, as many charities ( shocking, not government funded), many faith based exist just to do that.

But then these same people burn down pregnancy centers designed for free healthcare and services for new mothers.

Fucking hypocrites.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300:

I said that they (or anyone) has the right to make personal decisions about voting issue and priorities, but I maintain that anyone who puts abortion at the top of the list isn't fully considering the magnitude and scope of many other pertinent issues affecting today's America.

Likewise, you have the right to express your viewpoints in this forum and elsewhere.
Election after election, the voting population has shown that they'd rather pay more taxes or have a shitty economy njust so they can have abortion or have more gun control.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Election after election, the voting population has shown that they'd rather pay more taxes or have a shitty economy njust so they can have abortion or have more gun control.
Dear Djarum300:

More accurately, the fake-news pollsters and lamestream media would have people believe that's the case more so than it actually is.