Good morning, sevenpin63! ( now in the open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear sevenpin63:

Even though you obviously choose not to be an active forum participant, I appreciate the fact that you continue to "lurk" in the forum on a regular early-morning basis.

I hope everything is going well with you. Thanks for your past participation, may God bless you, and I send along my kindest personal regards!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear sevenpin63:

Thanks for continuing to "check in" on a regular basis. Happy Holidays, and I hope you're learning something.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear REVerse:

He is "around" although he is choosing not to post. Almost every day, he visits and "lurks" in the forum, and I hope he enjoys what he sees.
We have about 30 (+or-) lurkers who have been reading and visiting on a daily basis for years. None of them post a thing. I don't understand it, but they must be entertained by what they read or they wouldn't return.
To this day I don't understand, or am unaware of why most of the regular membership have moved away from the forum. I hope the lurkers DO enjoy what they're reading, but I also hope they decide to participate, because if not, AB will soon be just another memory.

EDIT: On second thought, I DO know what some of the issue is with some of the people. I wasn't going to offer this, but I guess it doesn't matter now. If anyone wants this can of worms to be opened just let me know and I will explain it all and name names. IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT. At least everyone will be brought up to speed.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear sevenpin63:

At least, you know I'm thinking about you, and I'm not thinking of you in a negative way.

I sincerely hope that everything is going well with you, and kind personal regards.

Regardless of what you think about me if, at some point in the future, you wish to participate again, I'd certainly welcome you.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Reverse.
I'm still here I just choose not to participate.
I have my reasons. Just tired of someone's bullshit. It's not worth my time or effort.
This is all I will say. Bye
Good to see you around. Not long ago I took a break for about 9 months and cleared my head a bit. Didn't even peak in.

We probably disagree on "things", but perhaps agree to disagree is a start?

Peace

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'm going to post the facts on this subject as long as everyone is scratching the edges. Here's the deal.

Sevenpin63 is not participating because he thinks AW is getting special attention and privileges in this forum, and that I am looking the other way when he degrades and personally attacks WAMO. WAMO left the forum in June because he felt picked on and singled out, and sevenpin63 agrees with him. Seven and WAMO would probably be back tomorrow if I shit canned AW. (opinion) But, I can't do it because he has broken NO rules. None.

Yes, there was a time during the banter between AW and WAMO where AW had bent the line a wee bit, but we're all guilty of that at one time or another and we all need to have a little thicker skin. I have not given AW a pass on anything. Period. In fact, if any of you remember when we first migrated here, I was pretty tough on AW when we were diligently working on cleaning up the place from all the BR fuckups that came trolling. I'm sure AW remembers the way I edited many of his posts when he questioned my authority. Since the forum has been cleaned we've had some very good and interesting opinions and conversations on this forum.

To the first point, I cannot understand WAMO's issue with the members here. Yes, I know he's got a hard on for AW. No, I can't understand why. AW has never, to my knowledge, called him a name or made ANY personal attacks. YES, they disagreed on a few things. SO FUCKING WHAT? We all disagree on something. We agree to disagree and move on. That's what being human is all about.

I'm sure someone wants to know (maybe not) about WHY I had to give WAMO a short vacation a while ago. It was NOT because of the disagreement between them. It was because WAMO was trolling me and arguing with me about being singled out. He was NOT being singled out, he was breaking rules. MANY rules that I let slide over and over with just a warning. Warnings that were ignored until I was forced to make a point. On top of that, I felt so bad after doing it I lifted the ban after just a couple of days instead of the 30 that I had set. Still, when he returned he would not let up on me. Any other Admin would have kicked his ass out for good for the things he said to me. Still, to this day, I do not know what his gripe was and he is quite welcome here.

So, there it is, folks. Everything is in the open with names and all. So, here's my thing; Everyone always wants a free speech forum where they can all agree or disagree on topics, facts and opinions, but then as soon as someone opposes an opinion they call foul. It doesn't work that way. I'm not going to run a forum and have to decide whose opinion is right. I don't give a rat's fucking ass what the topic is or who has an opinion about it. I'm only here to keep everyone safe from private info leakage and being called an idiot or having their wives called whores. That's my job. PERSONAL ATTACKS. Not dispute moderation, or determining who is right or wrong. FIGURE IT OUT ON YOUR OWN! Just don't call someone a cunt while doing it.

So, I personally ask AW, Sevenpin63, and WAMO to come and discuss their issues in the open forum and let's see if we can hash this out.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
In response to Greg T's post regarding the status of the forum and some of its current and former members ...

The "problems" that the moderator brought to light work BOTH WAYS. Think about it. Do WAMO and sevenpin63 consider the way I've been treated in this forum (and others) in the past? I've been brutalized in other forums and am the object of scorn (to a degree) in this forum, although Greg has done an excellent job in attempts to maintain peace and a sense of camaraderie in this forum.

Despite all of the name-calling and personal attacks aimed at me in other forums, I didn't respond with profanity, name-calling or personal attacks. And in this forum, I've always done my best to maintain a sense of abiding by forum "rules" and acceptable conduct. Obviously, certain members disagree, but things work better here because unlike other forum moderators, Greg does his best to limit personal attacks and improper PERSONAL comments.

If, as WAMO and sevenpin63 seem to allege, I get "special attention and privileges" in this forum, it's only because I'm careful in what I post and don't get out of line in my forum conduct. Certain others feel that I do post improperly, but they should give me "positive marks" for not responding in kind.

Even on the numerous times that I have been attacked big-time in other forums, I didn't lash out PERSONALLY against my adversaries. However, sometimes things get completely out of hand. I can take criticism with regard to my posts and my OPINIONS, but it "crosses the line" big-time when others blatantly lie about me. There were claims that I was barred from other forums (FALSE!), that I posted anti-Semitic remarks (FALSE!), and that I "LABELED" other posters improperly (FALSE!).

Even if some of you feel that I have "personally attacked" WAMO, if you analyze the situation fairly and impartially, you would have to conclude that WAMO "attacked" me more so than I ever did him. As I've stated previously, I've always respected WAMO as a longtime valued member of this forum, dating back many years to a time when the forum was thriving. And now, with WAMO's departure, I'm the member with the longest tenure, although I certainly would like to see WAMO return to participation. And even if he opts to remain apart from this forum, I wish him the best in all of his endeavors.

Keep in mind that this is a DISCUSSION forum, and people shouldn't be deemed as bad or undesirable because they have political (or other) OPINIONS apart from others. But I suppose that if a person has a true "SNOWFLAKE" mentality, he or she might be better off to avoid discussion forums completely.

Seriously, how can anyone claim that Greg has given me "special treatment" or "a free pass"? In fact, I feel that Greg would be more likely to "scrutinize" my posts even more than the posts of others, based on the way I had been "perceived" and treated by certain individuals in other forums. And I'm sure that Greg would admit that he was far from my biggest fan in such forums as BBE and BR. But I also believe that Greg would rate my "conduct" in this forum as proper in most respects.

As for WAMO, for some reason, his forum conduct had changed significantly in recent years. His demeanor became different than the WAMO I had known as a respected forum member for so long, and if WAMO would "shake off" whatever problems he perceives with me, he would have to admit that I really haven't treated him (or other members) in abusive or improper fashion.

As Greg says, people claim that they want a free-speech forum where they can agree or disagree on topics, facts and opinions, but when others disagree with THEIR opinion(s), they "call foul."

Greg has asked and/or suggested that Sevenpin63, WAMO and I "discuss our issues in the open forum" to see if we can "hash out" our differences. Regardless of the perceived problems, I have always respected both of them, and I'd be more than happy to welcome them back to the forum as active members.

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear sevenpin63 and WAMO:

If I haven't already made myself clear, I feel that we should take Greg up on his "offer" to discuss our issues in the open forum and see if we can hash things out.

All too often, words in a discussion forum lead to unnecessary animosity, but I truly believe that if we ever met in person, we'd get along quite well. Likewise, forum "happenstances" shouldn't alienate us to the extent it apparently has.

Whether or not you are receptive to such discussions, may God bless both of you, and I convey my kindest personal regards.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I never had an issue with sevenpin63 that I can remember. WAMO made me laugh a lot and we did agree on maybe 50% of many discussions. He had my back a few times, too. Always appreciated that. The few months or so before I took a leave of absence- I think he was venting a lot of frustration and it got a bit over the top, IMO. So I blocked him. Felt bad about it and then unblocked him.

Took 9 months off and returned. Times heals. Maybe WAM needs a break, too.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Took 9 months off and returned. Times heals. Maybe WAM needs a break, too.
Dear REVerse:

Actually, if he thinks about it, I'm pretty sure that WAMO would have to admit that there was A LOT MORE personal attacks, etc., in the forum BEFORE the number of participants thinned out and BEFORE Greg took over as moderator.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
[NOTE: Although he didn't comment, sevenpin63 checked out the forum at 2:19 yesterday, more than 5 hours after the previous post in this thread.]

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Well, if nobody wants to try and discuss the issues, make amends and remain forum friends, then fuck it. I tried. I refuse to be a baby sitter or hall monitor and make sure no one is offended. This was supposed to be a big boy forum. If the people who left here over the years did so because they were offended and refused to make an effort to resolve the issues, maybe they didn't belong in the big boy forums. Or, maybe some just prefer what went on at BR. I don't know. I'm out of ideas. This place has been around for a very long time and I hate to see her die. But, unless we all come together, it is what it is. Let it be known, I have no personal issues with any of the valid members.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

I believe I've made it clear that I am willing to discuss the issues at hand, and I endorse your statement by echoing that I HAVE NO PERSONAL ISSUES WITH ANY FORUM MEMBERS -- even those who may claim to have "problems" with me.

We know that sevenpin63 continues to visit the forum (without posting) nearly every day, but can we be certain that WAMO has even read anything in this thread? It doesn't appear that WAMO has checked out the forum since June, but might sevenpin63 be keeping him "informed"?

Status
Not open for further replies.