Gotta love Ron!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Of course, just as anywhere, there are liberal "sheeple" here in Florida, but a majority of the Sunshine State population appreciates Gov. DeSantis!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
If I wasn't so old and broken I'd move
Dear Greg T:

To each his own, but once I relocated to Florida way back in 1966, I knew that I had finally found a location that I didn't want to leave -- except for such things as bowling tournaments (I bowled in 28 states, at one time or another), vacations or to visit family members.

I was born in Illinois, and growing up, my parents moved a lot. When I was 6, we moved to Colorado, and when I was 10, we moved to Utah. I spent my high-school years in Nevada and my college years in Tennessee, during which time my family moved to California.

After college, I took a newspaper job in Wyoming, and after three more years of ultra-cold winters, when it snowed on June 6, 1966, I decided to move to Florida, and I've never regretted doing so.

I'm sure you'd find a lot of things to like about Florida, but if old age and physical problems prevent moving here, such a move is likely a pipe dream, although you'd certainly be welcome in Florida. You can be thankful that your brain is obviously still functioning well, at least from the way I see it, based on thought processes expressed on Facebook and forum posts.

God bless you, and kindest personal regards, my faraway friend!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

To each his own, but once I relocated to Florida way back in 1966, I knew that I had finally found a location that I didn't want to leave -- except for such things as bowling tournaments (I bowled in 28 states, at one time or another), vacations or to visit family members.

I was born in Illinois, and growing up, my parents moved a lot. When I was 6, we moved to Colorado, and when I was 10, we moved to Utah. I spent my high-school years in Nevada and my college years in Tennessee, during which time my family moved to California.

After college, I took a newspaper job in Wyoming, and after three more years of ultra-cold winters, when it snowed on June 6, 1966, I decided to move to Florida, and I've never regretted doing so.

I'm sure you'd find a lot of things to like about Florida, but if old age and physical problems prevent moving here, such a move is likely a pipe dream, although you'd certainly be welcome in Florida. You can be thankful that your brain is obviously still functioning well, at least from the way I see it, based on thought processes expressed on Facebook and forum posts.

God bless you, and kindest personal regards, my faraway friend!
Thanx, Bill. Over the years I've moved across town a few times! LOL. Did a lot of traveling in my teens and 20s, playing music. Got to see the good and bad in the people AND places. I guess I actually stayed here out of convenience. For the average person, I'm in walking distance of the major stores, cops, schools, etc. For the last 20+ years I've lived 3 blocks from work. Before that I was 2.5 Mi from work. I can grab a pole or a boat and be in the water in 10 minutes. Beach is 3 miles away. Hunting is about a 5 minute drive in any direction. Farm-fresh foods available within 10 miles in any direction. The list goes on and on. My problem is the cold and snow. We have our share of both and each year that goes by is more difficult than the previous.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
DeSantis to send illegal migrants who arrive in Florida to Delaware

The crisis at the border is getting worse day by day, and yet, the Biden administration continues to turn a blind eye, pretending that the chaos they created is not a problem.

In response, Republican governors are taking it upon themselves to send illegal migrants who wander into their state to Democrat cities so they can see firsthand just how much of a problem it is.

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) is a part of this movement to bring awareness to the crisis at the southern border.

He is vowing to "reroute" illegal migrants who arrive in Florida to President Joe Biden's home state of Delaware.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
DeSantis puts Dems in their place for attacking his sending illegals elsewhere

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla) is defending his action of sending illegal migrants who arrived in Florida to liberal cities, saying that the sunshine state will not be a "sanctuary state."

After liberals began to freak out over DeSantis sending illegal migrants to Martha’s Vineyard, he refused to bow down to them. Instead put his foot down even harder than he has already.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/sarah...7082fcb0adbc12a2acc15123b7b8c14&recip=6641035

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
An appropriate quote from Florida Gov. DeSantis ...

“I would just note: Biden would fly people in the middle of the night, dump them all across this country, there was no warning on any of this."

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Really doesn't matter they signed a waiver. If a plaintiff can prove they were coerced to sign something in fraud, then a judge could allow it to go to trial.

Here's my thing,. people here illegal don't have protections of the constitution. They do have certain human rights protections under international laws. They have to prove Desantis violated those.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Really doesn't matter they signed a waiver. If a plaintiff can prove they were coerced to sign something in fraud, then a judge could allow it to go to trial.

Here's my thing,. people here illegal don't have protections of the constitution. They do have certain human rights protections under international laws. They have to prove Desantis violated those.
Dear Djarum300:

As you imply, illegal immigrants wouldn't have legal standing with regard to Constitutional protections, and it would logically be extremely difficult for them to claim hardship situations after having faced so many obstacles in reaching the border. And regardless of the situation involving the signed waivers, how could they claim that Martha's Vineyard is a more-negative locale than an overrun Texas border town, Chicago or New York City?

Last edited: