Gov Walker: 'Is Obama Christian?'

Spider

Scott K. Walker, governor of Wisconsin, dismissed questions about President Obama’s faith Saturday. (Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg News)

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, a prospective Republican presidential contender, said Saturday he does not know whether President Obama is a Christian.
“I don’t know,” Walker said in an interview at the JW Marriott hotel in Washington, where he was attending the winter meeting of the National Governors Association.
Told that Obama has frequently spoken publicly about his Christian faith, Walker maintained that he was not aware of the president’s religion.
“I’ve actually never talked about it or I haven’t read about that,” Walker said, his voice calm and firm. “I’ve never asked him that,” he added. “You’ve asked me to make statements about people that I haven’t had a conversation with about that. How [could] I say if I know either of you are a Christian?”
Walker said such questions from reporters are reflective of a broader problem in the nation’s political-media culture, which he described as fixated on issues that are not relevant to most Americans.
“To me, this is a classic example of why people hate Washington and, increasingly, they dislike the press,” he said. “The things they care about don’t even remotely come close to what you’re asking about.”
Walker said he does not believe that most Americans care about such matters.“People in the media will [judge], not everyday people,” he said. “I would defy you to come to Wisconsin. You could ask 100 people, and not one of them would say that this is a significant issue.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...de0bd0-ba17-11e4-bc30-a4e75503948a_story.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Robadat

The title of the article is misleading...
The important parts of his statements are;

“To me, this is a classic example of why people hate Washington and, increasingly, they dislike the press,” he said. “The things they care about don’t even remotely come close to what you’re asking about.”
Walker said he does not believe that most Americans care about such matters.“People in the media will [judge], not everyday people,” he said. “I would defy you to come to Wisconsin. You could ask 100 people, and not one of them would say that this is a significant issue.”
After the interview was completed, Walker spokeswoman Jocelyn Webster telephoned The Washington Post to say the governor was trying to make a point of principle by not answering such kinds of questions, not trying to cast doubt on Obama’s faith.

He 100% right. I don't care what faith these politicians are. I care that they want to do the right things for the country. And on that point, Obama is sorely lacking...
He has done nothing but made this Nation worse...

Spider

In the past, inflation has crept up with rising wages. With Walmart promising to raise wages for so many workers, I wonder if that will have any impact.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHOM EVER WAS IN OFFICE AT THIS TIME WOULD HAVE ALL THOSE THINGS INCLUDING GAS AT THE PRICES THEY ARE AT AND MAYBE EVEN LOWER. HE, UNFORTUNUTLY, HAPPENED TO BE THE ONE ELECTED.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
WAMO MATLOCK said:
WHOM EVER WAS IN OFFICE AT THIS TIME WOULD HAVE ALL THOSE THINGS INCLUDING GAS AT THE PRICES THEY ARE AT AND MAYBE EVEN LOWER. HE, UNFORTUNUTLY, HAPPENED TO BE THE ONE ELECTED.
... and regardless, the FACT is that when Barack Hussein Obama first took office, the price of a gallon of gas was significantly less than it is today.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
Really, Billy? Why don't you tell us how high it went during that administration? Don't conveniently leave out facts.
Dear Cool Rocking Daddy:
Why don't you tell us how high it went during parts of the Obama Administration?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Spikes are one thing, averages are something else.