GT what's going on in MI?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg, so what say you:
Written by a true liberal fool who has no concept of freedoms and liberties. The author has fallen prey to the over-hyped media coverage of this "virus", and I'll bet has no knowledge of the 1st or 5th amendments. What we are experiencing right now is much much worse than Nazi Germany or Communist China has ever seen. This idiot author can't even figure out that it's not just the fact that we are being fined $1000.00 minimum for being outside, we've already lost thousands of critical farms, tanker upon tanker of fresh milk is being dumped in sewers and fields, the remaining farms cannot buy SEEDS to keep producing FOOD, grocery store shelves are being stripped, walmart and other department stores are roped off so that shoppers can't enter anything but the grocers and pharmacies.

No, this lock down is NOT about safety. It's a major power grab perpetrated by a nazi democrat for two reasons. She wants as many people to be dependent upon the government as possible, AND, she wants to be radical enough to catch Biden's eye so that she may be picked as running mate. IF this were about safety she would have made two quick pen swipes two or more months ago. The first thing she should have done is grounding flights between Escanaba and Detroit, and the second thing is closing the Mackinac Bridge to all but essential traffic. That's it. THAT would have stopped the majority of the spread. So, the author of that story is a young minded fool who is lacking basic knowledge of a situation before going off half-cocked and blaming people who have had enough. To paraphrase: “Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither.”

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Greg,

I don't disagree that the Governor has taken some draconian measures here. What should have happened in my view is specific counties should have locked down tighter than others. The idea that someone walking by themselves down the road getting ticketed is ridiculous

I know on some liberal subreddits when liberals were wanting the whole country shut down, I pointed out that would require Trump to declare martial law. Did THEY really want Trump to have that kind of power? Absolutely not.

I do have a few counter points.

1. The virus is serious. It has a Ro of 4 compared to the flu with an Ro of 1. It is 50-100 times deadlier than the flu at 2 percent mortality rate.
2. The argument of "seeds" is a bit of a strawman just for the sake of proving a point. This is a tactic the liberals use. Seeds can be purchased online. Last seeds I got were online with bulbs as well. Farmers here buy their seeds from co-ops or national suppliers in bulk, not at H.D. or lowes. If the farmers aren't doing that, then they are doing something wrong IMHO. These people protesting need to make a better logical argument that seeds are somehow essential.
3. Some of the people at the protest are hypocritical. If the virus wasn't as bad as they think, why didn't they get out of their cars?
4. In states of emergency, specific laws and rights can be suspended whether we like them or not. When we had major tornadoes rip through in 2011, we were put on curfew and mobility was limited for several weeks during that time due to safety concerns and to help first responders and cleanup crews.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg,

I don't disagree that the Governor has taken some draconian measures here. What should have happened in my view is specific counties should have locked down tighter than others. The idea that someone walking by themselves down the road getting ticketed is ridiculous

I know on some liberal subreddits when liberals were wanting the whole country shut down, I pointed out that would require Trump to declare martial law. Did THEY really want Trump to have that kind of power? Absolutely not.

I do have a few counter points.

1. The virus is serious. It has a Ro of 4 compared to the flu with an Ro of 1. It is 50-100 times deadlier than the flu at 2 percent mortality rate.
2. The argument of "seeds" is a bit of a strawman just for the sake of proving a point. This is a tactic the liberals use. Seeds can be purchased online. Last seeds I got were online with bulbs as well. Farmers here buy their seeds from co-ops or national suppliers in bulk, not at H.D. or lowes. If the farmers aren't doing that, then they are doing something wrong IMHO. These people protesting need to make a better logical argument that seeds are somehow essential.
3. Some of the people at the protest are hypocritical. If the virus wasn't as bad as they think, why didn't they get out of their cars?
4. In states of emergency, specific laws and rights can be suspended whether we like them or not. When we had major tornadoes rip through in 2011, we were put on curfew and mobility was limited for several weeks during that time due to safety concerns and to help first responders and cleanup crews.
1. Is it, tho?? Cuomo has given the order to his hospitals that anyone dying from pneumonia, asthma, heart attack, or other internal issues are to mark that patient as a covid patient. WHY? Because hospitals are receiving $39000.00 federal subsidy for each covid patient. We have NO idea what the real numbers are.
2. Not that easy. Buying a few packs of seeds for the home gardener is a simple thing. .. Maybe. A few of my friends have tried and are finding many many sites are out of stock. Now, a farmer buying seeds online? Seriously? What kind of chaos would that bring? Co-ops here are closed, and just last night on the news I saw a local report that a lawn and garden shop was fined because the owner was inside cleaning up. If the farmers are going to be expected to raise wheat, corn, and all other produce, yeah, they need seeds. If seeds aren't essential then neither are pharmaceuticals.
3. Because the protest was about gridlock. It was meant to block the streets and not allow anyone in or out of the capitol building, or access roads. Those who WERE out of their cars were actually going rogue. It's the symbolism of being locked in.
4. My point. Had she taken the proper steps immediately, instead of blaming Trump we would not be in this situation now. She screamed and whined about Trump from the minute this thing started, then bitched for a month that he wasn't helping when in fact, she never ASKED for federal help.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Oooh, Greg, ya'll just pissed her off! How DARE you little, insignificant peons challenge her authority by exercising your constitutional rights!!! You're going to really get it now! Want to stay on lockdown forever? Then keep it up. Keep trying to be free. Keep trying to defend the constitution. The government knows better than you. The government is more important than you. The government is more poweful than you. In the following days measures will be enacted to make you pay for defying the queen.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Written by a true liberal fool who has no concept of freedoms and liberties. The author has fallen prey to the over-hyped media coverage of this "virus", and I'll bet has no knowledge of the 1st or 5th amendments. What we are experiencing right now is much much worse than Nazi Germany or Communist China has ever seen. This idiot author can't even figure out that it's not just the fact that we are being fined $1000.00 minimum for being outside, we've already lost thousands of critical farms, tanker upon tanker of fresh milk is being dumped in sewers and fields, the remaining farms cannot buy SEEDS to keep producing FOOD, grocery store shelves are being stripped, walmart and other department stores are roped off so that shoppers can't enter anything but the grocers and pharmacies.

No, this lock down is NOT about safety. It's a major power grab perpetrated by a nazi democrat for two reasons. She wants as many people to be dependent upon the government as possible, AND, she wants to be radical enough to catch Biden's eye so that she may be picked as running mate. IF this were about safety she would have made two quick pen swipes two or more months ago. The first thing she should have done is grounding flights between Escanaba and Detroit, and the second thing is closing the Mackinac Bridge to all but essential traffic. That's it. THAT would have stopped the majority of the spread. So, the author of that story is a young minded fool who is lacking basic knowledge of a situation before going off half-cocked and blaming people who have had enough. To paraphrase: “Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither.”
Dear Greg T:

The article expresses thoughts similar to those that may likely be shared by one of your esteemed fellow Michiganders -- Cool Rocking Daddy a k a toolguru.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

What is YOUR PERSONAL OPINION as to how the voters in Michigan would react if your governor was picked by Biden to be his running-mate?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

What is YOUR PERSONAL OPINION as to how the voters in Michigan would react if your governor was picked by Biden to be his running-mate?
The people who voted her in would be pissed because we'd be losing her as governor. Those of us who did NOT vote for her would be sooooooooo thankful to Sleepy Joe for picking her because we'd be losing her as governor.

Just as an aside; We cannot buy paint, nails, screws, rakes, shovels, hinges, ANYTHING that isn't groceries or pharm. Those of us who already have these pieces cannot use them. I cannot rake the winter debris from my yard. I can't sweep or pressure wash my sidewalk. Can't ride my Harley. Can't even take a ride in my car to the next town (7 miles) for a change of scenery. OH, almost forgot, no boats, no fishing, no volleyball, basketball or other demonic activities. For people who have camps or cottages, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't visit your neighbor next door. OMG!!!!!! No hair cuts!!!!!! Can't buy baby car seats for the new parents. NO TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No clothing of any kind!!!!!!!!!!! If you can think of anything even more ridiculous, we can't do it. Cops are out in full force and WILL write infractions. OH, my vehicle registration is due on the 24th. NOPE!!!!!! No weed eaters, lawn mowers, etc. Well, I think you get it.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Here is a post someone made this morning:

"I see a lot of people complaining about "the walkers." My dad, brother-in-law, son and I were "walkers." I am proud to admit we walked with our signs around our fellow gridlock citizens and protested in solidarity with you. We loved seeing your messages and we enjoyed your honks when you saw our signs.

I cannot speak for my dad or brother-in-law, but I will tell you why I walked with my son. Just after the "shut down" started, I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that I cannot start treatment for because suddenly our Governor decided only one type of patient was important...the Covid-19 patient. I cannot even get a new pair of eyeglasses for my son who broke his during this shut down, yet, even while he suffers from a mild form of Cerebral palsy, walked 3 miles with us, sign in hand to see the beauty of many adults working to get shops and services open again...services that are ESSENTIAL TO OUR LIVES TO LIVE SAFELY.

My son and I came home sore, but it was so worth it and we are so happy to have been a part of it."

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

Do you really think that they will be able to enforce and/or collect those $1,000 fines that have been issued?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

Do you really think that they will be able to enforce and/or collect those $1,000 fines that have been issued?
The few people I know that have been issued them are pretty much laughing them off. They all said they would spend more than that if necessary to hire an attorney and sue. I was thinking of getting one so I can tear it up in the cop's face. I may just do it. I don't think the state has a prayer if these go to the supreme court.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
My wife is from a former Communist country. She left her country because of Communism in 1983. She reminded me a few days ago that this is status quo and very sad. She does the shopping and prefers to shop alone almost like she is trying to protect me from seeing the effects of this shutdown. I don’t hear any complaints, but I can see the disappointment in her eyes when she mentioned it was like Romania again. She is one tough gal that loves me a lot. I’m privileged to be with a survivor that can teach me how to deal with these extreme times and not become complacent. When I read about the out of control governors it reminds me of the stories she has shared. No free person should be treated this way.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THE HEADS OF STATES THAT ARE ISSUING ALL THE BS THATS HAPPENING ARE TO BLAME FOR THE SITUATIONS, RIGHT? THEY WERE VOTED IN BY THE VOTERS, RIGHT? SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF VOTERS DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, RIGHT? SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD BE PROTESTING THEIR NEIGHBORS, NOT THE GOVERNORS, RIGHT? SO IF THEY GET REMOVED, THAT MEANS WHOMEVER TAKES OVER WAS A LOSER TO START WITH, RIGHT? :Whistling:

REVerse °

Addicted Member
THE HEADS OF STATES THAT ARE ISSUING ALL THE BS THATS HAPPENING ARE TO BLAME FOR THE SITUATIONS, RIGHT? THEY WERE VOTED IN BY THE VOTERS, RIGHT? SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF VOTERS DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, RIGHT? SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD BE PROTESTING THEIR NEIGHBORS, NOT THE GOVERNORS, RIGHT? SO IF THEY GET REMOVED, THAT MEANS WHOMEVER TAKES OVER WAS A LOSER TO START WITH, RIGHT? :Whistling:
I think we need voter ID because this many people can’t be that dumb.

RIGHT?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I think we need voter ID because this many people can’t be that dumb.

RIGHT?
we absolutely do need voter ID. It just happened in Wisconsin again during their primaries. A whole shitload of filled in ballots were found in the democrats favor.