Hunker down

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ITS BEEN ICY HERE FOR 2 DAYS NOW. MY NEIGHBORS AND I ARE JUST WAITING FOR THE POWER TO GO. PROBABLY ANYTIME NOW.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I JUST TOLD SOME OTHER FREINDS OF MINE: "LAST NIGHT I WENT TO SLEEP IN TEXAS AND I WOKE UP THIS MORNING IN MINNESOTA".

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
We've had light rain off and on all day. Once temps drop this should be a nice foundation of ice underneath whatever else falls tonight. I don't plan on going to work tomorriw or Tuesday. Ice sucks, but I'm more scared of idiots down here on ice hitting me. That's the real reason I stay in when weather is bad down here. Too many can hardly keep it between the ditches when it's dry out...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YEAH, IM HOME ALL WEEK. I DONT WORK FRIDAYS ANYWAY, BUT NOTHING ABOVE FREEZING HERE TILL FRIDAY. THEN 43 FOR THE HIGH SATURDAY. NOW THATS MORE LIKE IT.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I just posted the following in another thread, but it's just as appropriate here ...

Meanwhile, while much of the nation suffers from the wrath of winter, at 5:45 a.m., it's another 70-degree morning, and it's forecast to be 79 degrees by 11 a.m. and 81 by mid-afternoon.

However, it's going to briefly turn "cold" (for Florida) on Tuesday. The Weather Channel forecast indicates that the temperature will remain over 70 until 4 a.m., after which it will drop into the 60s, remaining in the 60s all day and falling as far as the mid-50s overnight.

But this is Florida, and one day later (Wednesday), the high is forecast to be 80, followed by an overnight low of 69. Isn't it great in the Sunshine State?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Lots of complaints here about workers having to come in to work in iced up conditions. Bosses just saying it's just a little bit of ice.

The problem here is that they use a brine solution nwhich washes off if it's still wet. They won't treat until it fully turns to snow or moves out. Right now all elevated roads are closed. Not sure how folks are going to make it in.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Lots of complaints here about workers having to come in to work in iced up conditions. Bosses just saying it's just a little bit of ice.

The problem here is that they use a brine solution nwhich washes off if it's still wet. They won't treat until it fully turns to snow or moves out. Right now all elevated roads are closed. Not sure how folks are going to make it in.
They need to mix the sodium or calcium chloride with sand so that it sticks, melts in and aids traction. That brine is garbage. We tried it here for one year and went back to the sand method. Tried and true.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
They need to mix the sodium or calcium chloride with sand so that it sticks, melts in and aids traction. That brine is garbage. We tried it here for one year and went back to the sand method. Tried and true.
They put sand down if it is sleet or snow. We had full up rain yesterday that was sticking to the trees and roads. Part of the issue is we have so many elevated road systems

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Saw TX was doing rolling blackouts. Everyone stay warm!
HA! I wish! We've been no power since 2a.m. Sunday night/Monday morning. They essentially gave up on even trying to roll 500,000+ people into the "rolling blackout" program Monday morning. They pretty dismissively stated, "if you don't have power now, you're not going to get it". Basically, "We know you're fucked, and you know what? You're going to stay fucked." :mad::Mad:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
HA! I wish! We've been no power since 2a.m. Sunday night/Monday morning. They essentially gave up on even trying to roll 500,000+ people into the "rolling blackout" program Monday morning. They pretty dismissively stated, "if you don't have power now, you're not going to get it". Basically, "We know you're fucked, and you know what? You're going to stay fucked." :mad::Mad:
Holy shit,. Time to break out the camping heaters and some coolers for the food.