Husband Facing Manslaughter For Fatally Beating Would-Be Rapist

MI2AZ

Relatives say a 61-year-old man charged with manslaughter was only protecting his wife from a would-be rapist when he fatally beat a man with a tire iron in a Bronx apartment building Monday. Mamadou Diallo was outside when 43-year-old Earl Nash got inside the building around 10pm and began knocking on doors asking for water, neighbors tell PIX11. Nash nearly persuaded a young child to follow him into a stairwell, but the girl returned to her mother, one man says. He then knocked on the door of Diallo's apartment and pushed his way inside, according to police. "He started beating on my mother and my aunt, and they started fighting back," Diallo's son tells NBC New York. "He tried to rip their clothes off and he tried to sexually harass them."

The women reportedly fought Nash for 20 minutes before they were able to alert Diallo, who met Nash in a sixth-floor hallway. Police say he beat Nash, causing severe head and body injuries. Nash—who had some 20 prior arrests, according to police—was taken to a hospital in critical condition and died around 1:30am. Diallo was charged with manslaughter on Tuesday, but "any husband would do the same thing as what he did," his son tells CBS New York. "You see your wife being attacked and sexually harassed, you're going to beat on the person. You are not just going to sit there and let the person leave or whatever. So I don't think he's wrong." Diallo's 51-year-old wife is in a hospital recovering from injuries, including bruises to her forehead.

JLS

This is New York....where they let 11 police officers go free after they wee caught on tape killing a man over
a minor infraction...Which this time he didn't do...

This guy will get off...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
This is New York....where they let 11 police officers go free after they wee caught on tape killing a man over

This guy will get off...

He would if I were on the jury. Guy barges in uninvited, attacks women, then gets beat to death. Sounds just to me.

Robadat

This guy will get off...
This case really has nothing to do with NYC Police Officers. All they did was arrest a man involved in the killing of another. They didn't kill, beat or injure him in any way affecting the arrest. They preliminarily charged him with manslaughter, that charge was reduced to assault after they conferred with the ADA in charge of the case. After his arraignment he was released ROR (no bail) and will return to court in 4 weeks.

The guy attacked the wife, beat her with a chair, tore off her clothes, and tried to rape her in her home. The husband responded to her calls for help and when he got off the elevator, the perp fleeing the apartment then attacked him when he was pointed out by the wife.

While technically under NY Law, you can not use DPF to prevent an escape, you can use DPF to defend yourself or another. Currently, he is being charged with assault, but it could be upgraded to manslaughter pending further investigation, there is surveillance video from the elevator of at least part of the fight. This case will be presented to a Grand Jury. At this point, I can not fathom 12 people being stupid enough to think he committed murder defending his wife and himself from this low life, but I haven't seen the video of the fight so I could possibly change my opinion after I see it. Even then, the most I could possibly see him being charged with by the Grand Jury is Manslaughter (extreme emotional distress)...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
All I know is, if I catch some dude doing that to MY wife, he's a dead motherfucker. Anybody who says otherwise either has a bad wife, or doesn't deserve a wife. Let the guy go, and give him a "Husband Of The Year" award. And include the key to the city for permanently removing another worthless asshole from society.

I say, two thumbs up for Mr. Diallo! :Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

livespive

I think he was talking about the court system, not the cops themselves.

This case really has nothing to do with NYC Police Officers. All they did was arrest a man involved in the killing of another. They didn't kill, beat or injure him in any way affecting the arrest. They preliminarily charged him with manslaughter, that charge was reduced to assault after they conferred with the ADA in charge of the case. After his arraignment he was released ROR (no bail) and will return to court in 4 weeks.

The guy attacked the wife, beat her with a chair, tore off her clothes, and tried to rape her in her home. The husband responded to her calls for help and when he got off the elevator, the perp fleeing the apartment then attacked him when he was pointed out by the wife.

While technically under NY Law, you can not use DPF to prevent an escape, you can use DPF to defend yourself or another. Currently, he is being charged with assault, but it could be upgraded to manslaughter pending further investigation, there is surveillance video from the elevator of at least part of the fight. This case will be presented to a Grand Jury. At this point, I can not fathom 12 people being stupid enough to think he committed murder defending his wife and himself from this low life, but I haven't seen the video of the fight so I could possibly change my opinion after I see it. Even then, the most I could possibly see him being charged with by the Grand Jury is Manslaughter (extreme emotional distress)...

Robadat

I think he was talking about the court system, not the cops themselves.
Nobody knows what ole jls is talking about...:Biggrin:

I don't know why he brought up that old case about the cops. In this case, they did their job making an arrest after an incident in which someone died. They made the arrest without any undue force being used and no one was injured in affecting the arrest. This is what happens when you don't resist or fight with the cops. What more can one expect of the Police?

This case is now in the domain of the Court System. Where it goes from here is anyone's guess, but I doubt a Grand Jury will vote to indict him. The dude assaulted and tried to rape his wife and then assaulted him while trying to escape, acts that most men would do if put in a similar situation...

livespive

Right,

I think he is saying that the courts failed in that case, and they will fail in this one :)

Nobody knows what ole jls is talking about...:Biggrin:

I don't know why he brought up that old case about the cops. In this case, they did their job making an arrest after an incident in which someone died. They made the arrest without any undue force being used and no one was injured in affecting the arrest. This is what happens when you don't resist or fight with the cops. What more can one expect of the Police?

This case is now in the domain of the Court System. Where it goes from here is anyone's guess, but I doubt a Grand Jury will vote to indict him. The dude assaulted and tried to rape his wife and then assaulted him while trying to escape, acts that most men would do if put in a similar situation...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THE GUY BEAT HER WITH A CHAIR, RIPPED HER CLOTHES OFF AND DIDNT RAPE HER. SOUNDS LIKE SHE STARTED KICKING HIS ASS AND THE HUSBAND FINISHED IT. LIKE RED SAID, DUMBASS!

JLS

Rob...Grand Jury's in NY are indeed STUPID....They let that asshole who uses a BANNED CHOKE HOLD go free...while 11 officers jumped in...12 officers to make an arrest over a small infraction...NYPD are as bad as the CPD....maybe worse...

NOT YOU THO...:)

Need I say more...

have a nice weekend...hope all is well...