I think this is it... no more NASCAR for me

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Just looked at the 2016 schedule, and only 17 of the 36 are NOT on cable. Since I refuse to be extorted for the "privilege" of watching what dumbass Brian has turned into a weekly fiasco, I will only be allowed to see 17 junk races.

Well, not all. They're generously giving me one Bristol race, one Richmond, both Charlotte races, and The Southern 500. No Martinsville though.

Of course, 18% of the events I DO get to watch are those garbage restrictor plate "races".

Damn shame since this will be Tony's last year, but hell... what I CAN watch is so disjointed and breaks up the season so badly it won't be worth watching. Not the "racing" has been good for much other than napping in recent years anyway.

I will tune in for the 100th running of The Indy 500 though, even though Indycar's broadcast/cable schedule isn't any better than NASCAR's. At least they'll let me stream the race live via their app. I can even see the incar cam the whole time if I want! That's pretty cool.

Would like to see Haas have a strong showing with his new F1 teams. Although F1 doesn't really excite me much.

I miss having a small, affordable local track close by. :Frown:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Just looked at slingbox website, but I see no way it will help. We currently (for the last 16 years) only have "rabbit ears" for tv. No satellite, no cable subscription. Further, no home internet network either. All internet is via smartphone or using phone as a wi-fi hotspot.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Just looked at slingbox website, but I see no way it will help. We currently (for the last 16 years) only have "rabbit ears" for tv. No satellite, no cable subscription. Further, no home internet network either. All internet is via smartphone or using phone as a wi-fi hotspot.
A buddy of mine uses the slingtv app on his phone to get ESPN and ESPN2. He uses it over his phones 4G network all the time.