I worked 44 years for this newspaper, but this reader hits the nail on head

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
[NOTE: I worked 44 years as a newspaper journalist for the Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune, and I'm totally disgusted with the way that the publication evolved from a conservative, hometown newspaper to a FAKE-NEWS and BIASED part of the LAMESTREAM MEDIA. And whereas the H-T's Letters to the Editor are dominated by comments from liberals and/or Trump haters, one reader hit the nail on the head in a letter published this morning, and here is the text of what he wrote.]

Editorial pages amplify liberal voices

I don’t know many people who still subscribe to this paper, and I have an idea why.

There are about 150,000 registered Republicans in Sarasota County versus 107,000 registered Democrats, according to the Florida Division of Elections. This split is evidenced by the fact that former President Donald Trump won this area by a wide margin in the past two elections.

Despite this, most of your articles and editorial comments are blatantly biased to the left. I read complaints from some of the same people every 30 days in the letters. Do these people have nothing better to do than complain about Republicans?

With so many more Republicans than Democrats, how is it that most of the editorial content is slanted toward the side that is in the minority?

In my opinion, it can only be one of two things: Either Democrats are a group much more likely to whine and complain or your paper is censoring the editorial page.

Does this paper truly represent Sarasota and Manatee counties? I think not!

Ed Sturm, Bradenton

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'll bet the democrats buy fewer work boots and gloves, too! That would explain the extra time for letters.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

EVERY business in town is certainly NOT hiring. The Sarasota Herald-Tribune has been REDUCING its newsroom staff (and people in EVERY department) since 2007, and the newspaper continues to lay off workers every year.

When I last worked for the Herald-Tribune, there were more than a dozen FULL-TIME sports staffers, plus numerous correspondents, columnists and part-time workers. Now, there are only two sports writers, a sports editor and one or two other desk personnel.

So ... all businesses are NOT hiring. The complete opposite.