Iron Maiden fans?

stc067

I'm shocked and dismayed! (Seriously though, I'd lay the pipe on Camille and Kennerly) I don't know if anyone here is a fan, but I always preferred Iron Maiden's early stuff with Paul Di'anno . The tunes were raw, and had more of an edge to them.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Post up your faves! I've listened to some Maiden, but never got too into them. But... I'm always willing to give new (to me) stuff a listen in case I missed something.

You might want to treasure these....might not hear them again otherwise. Not sure if you heard but Bruce Dickenson is battling tongue cancer...not sure what that means for the future of Maiden. Although latest reports are positive.

Strider

Saw them in concert last year with Megadeth (last time since Somewhere in Time). The quality was there, but he can't belt it out anymore. I didn't mind Paul Di'anno, but when I think of Maiden, I think Dickenson.

stc067

Too bad about Dickenson. I just thought that after Number of the Beast their sound was too polished. I preferred the raw sound of the first two records. The first one in particular had a nice garage feel to it.