Jimmy Page

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Don't forget that a HUGE number of hit songs with intricate guitar parts from hundreds of bands had Glen Campbell playing them. He was an anchor member of the wrecking crew. The wrecking crew actually recorded most of the hits you heard on the radio, including standards, rock, country, blues, etc. Just about anything from 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s were the wrecking crew. Maybe even much later. Hal Blaine even did 99% of the Beatles Drum tracks. Eric Clapton did a lot of the Beatles guitar parts as well. Carol Kaye played bass on well over 10,000 songs. Hit records are not what they seem.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GLEN CAMBELL CHOSE COUNTRY TO MAKE HIS BIG MARK. IT WORKED. ERIC CLAPTON CHOSE ROCK AND ROLL TO MAKE HIS BIG MARK. IT WORKED. HIT RECORDS MAY NOT BE WHAT YOU CONSIDER GOOD WORK. BUT THEY WORKED. MADE ALL THEM GUYS RICH AND FAMOUS. IT WORKED. I DO NOT HAVE YOUR EAR OR BACKGROUND IN MUSIC, BUT LIKE THE ORDINARY PUBLIC, LIKE ME, IT WORKED. AND I KNOW WHAT I LIKE. WHAT I LIKE WORKS FOR ME.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
GLEN CAMBELL CHOSE COUNTRY TO MAKE HIS BIG MARK. IT WORKED. ERIC CLAPTON CHOSE ROCK AND ROLL TO MAKE HIS BIG MARK. IT WORKED. HIT RECORDS MAY NOT BE WHAT YOU CONSIDER GOOD WORK. BUT THEY WORKED. MADE ALL THEM GUYS RICH AND FAMOUS. IT WORKED. I DO NOT HAVE YOUR EAR OR BACKGROUND IN MUSIC, BUT LIKE THE ORDINARY PUBLIC, LIKE ME, IT WORKED. AND I KNOW WHAT I LIKE. WHAT I LIKE WORKS FOR ME.
I didn't mean their commercial releases weren't good work. In fact, much of it is excellent work. I'm just explaining how the business works most of the time. Glen Campbell chose country as a commercial platform. But when you listen to Sinatra (Strangers in the Night) you're hearing Glen. When you're listening to the Beach Boys, you're hearing Glen, Carol, and Hal. I could go on forever on the subject, but I'm too lazy and nobody probably wants to read it. In a nutshell, things aren't always what they seem. That's all I'm saying. Here's some Jimmy Page blues for ya. EXCELLENT stuff!!

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Was poking around youtube and found this. Jason Richardson from All That Remains. Possibly the best if not THE best young guitarist around, IMHO.