#Joaquin

MI2AZ

Yeah, I just saw an article about that. I usually don't pay much attention to hurricanes being in AZ or at least their names. When I saw the Sandy reference, I was thinking Sandy Hook, not a hurricane.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Don't worry about Tropical Storm Joaquin. In about 48 hours, it will make a sharp northward turn and isn't likely to seriously affect any U.S. land area. Even if it does remain a hurricane or tropical storm, it will be more than a week until it were to threaten land, and even if it lasts that long, it will be in a weaker state (as it heads north).

Last edited:

Robadat

It's much too early to worry about Joaquin. In any event, it will not be anything akin to what Sandy brought us. Joaquin is barely a hurricane now and will weaken if it heads north before making landfall, IF it even does make landfall.

Disclaimer: This opinion is about the weather and like the weather is always subject to change. :)

Spider

Fox's lead weatherman, last night, said we will have a good idea tonight or tomorrow morning. He also favored the Euro model over the American models. But in case you wanted to know, I ran the generator yesterday.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
On a side note, I was just over at weather.com and those folks have gone bat shit crazy. I mean they act like its the end of the world over there. Ever since NBC/Comcast purchased them, its not about weather anymore.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
On a side note, I was just over at weather.com and those folks have gone bat shit crazy. I mean they act like its the end of the world over there. Ever since NBC/Comcast purchased them, its not about weather anymore.
No Joke. "Bill" was supposed to bring the end of Houston earlier this year. We got a little rain and gentle breezes out of it.

born1

Surf will be up here this weekend. European model, the most accurate, shows it never hitting land. All the American models are totally opposite. Just be prepared for those in harms way.

Was just up in Ocean City Md. with some friends that just moved there. HAHA they decided to retire there over Fl, because of hurricanes here. :Oo:

Robadat

They're all pretty much saying Joaquin will go out to sea as the European models predicted now, but we'll still see some heavy surf from it.

Problem for the East Coast now is the rain we're already getting with forecasts for the lower mid atlantic region to get a foot or more of rain thru the w/e. We're already having nor' easter conditions up here with tides running about two feet over normal levels. Not much of a problem for me unless this system stregthens and seawater levels rise up another two feet.

In any event, I am pretty much always prepared for these things, just got to tie down a few loose items around the deck later. And I've already began stocking up on the SA Oktoberfests as soon as they came out.:cool: Still, can never have too many of those on hand...:)