Kudos to the forum moderators

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I want to issue a post that thanks Tony Melendez and the forum moderators for a job well done.

Because of fine moderation and not allowing personal attacks, this forum is a better place, and logically, it should attract more good discussion and camaraderie with the passage of time.

It certainly is a pleasure not having to defend myself against a series of personal attacks -- sometimes including blatant falsehoods -- and being able to issue posts, comments and mini-editorials without being personally attacked as a result.

Everyone should welcome friendly debate (and responses to posts) that don't evolve into a series of name-calling and demeaning comments, as is the case in too many Internet discussion forums.

So again, thank-you, moderators, and keep up the good work!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Thank you very much, AW. The main goal of this site is to offer bowling discussion so that tips, tricks and knowledge can be shared. The off-ramp forum is meant to cut loose and enjoy discussing, debating, or arguing nearly anything else without the fear of ridicule. I believe we have created that ideal environment. Tony should be commended for welcoming us into his domain and allowing us to form this community. Let's all try to promote the site and build the membership. :)

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Thank you very much, AW. The main goal of this site is to offer bowling discussion so that tips, tricks and knowledge can be shared. The off-ramp forum is meant to cut loose and enjoy discussing, debating, or arguing nearly anything else without the fear of ridicule. I believe we have created that ideal environment. Tony should be commended for welcoming us into his domain and allowing us to form this community. Let's all try to promote the site and build the membership. :)

:D

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Stupid mods, always pushing people around telling them what they can and can't do... I thought this was 'Murica?!
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I don't think that the moderators are telling posters what to do, but common sense should indicate that reduction or elimination of personal attacks benefit any Inernet discussion forum.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I don't think that the moderators are telling posters what to do, but common sense should indicate that reduction or elimination of personal attacks benefit any Inernet discussion forum.
You must've missed my :p guy. I was just messing with the mods a little.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
You must've missed my :p guy. I was just messing with the mods a little.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I must admit to being guilty of paying little or no attention to emoticons, and as for myself, I've never used even one emoticon in any of the multi-thousands of posts I've made in bowing discussion forums.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I must admit to being guilty of paying little or no attention to emoticons, and as for myself, I've never used even one emoticon in any of the multi-thousands of posts I've made in bowing discussion forums.
Well, get with the fucking program!! o_O

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Well, get with the fucking program!! o_O
Dear Greg T:

I may take you up on that. There's really no reason why I don't pay attention to them. It's probably because I'm a longtime journalist and copy editor, and I've always tended to pay full attention to words (and not pictures and/or emoticons) when I'm reading something.

Of course, I DO pay A LOT of attention to the PICTURES in such threads as Mammary Monday and Tantalizing Tuesday ... LOL