Labor Market

Djarum300

Addicted Member
My BIL is having trouble finding help down in FL. Several businesses here in Alabama have closed because they can't find help.

The unemployment benefits are now ridiculous.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My BIL is having trouble finding help down in FL. Several businesses here in Alabama have closed because they can't find help.

The unemployment benefits are now ridiculous.

Delta country is one of the depressed areas in the nation. Has been forever. Yet, everywhere I look I see HELP WANTED, NOW HIRING signs in droves. Some places like McDonalds, Burger King, and even the auto parts stores are offering signing bonuses!!!! WTF work when the unemployment is goo damned good?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Delta country is one of the depressed areas in the nation. Has been forever. Yet, everywhere I look I see HELP WANTED, NOW HIRING signs in droves. Some places like McDonalds, Burger King, and even the auto parts stores are offering signing bonuses!!!! WTF work when the unemployment is goo damned good?
... and don't think that things won't "come back to roost" in such situations!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THINGS IN THE DFW AREA ARE BOOMING. CONSTRUCTION AND MECHANICALS ARE 2 AND 3 MONTHS BACKED UP. RESTURANTS ARE HIRING PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE SERVICE BUSINESS. COME ON DOWN. THINGS ARE GREAT HERE!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
THINGS IN THE DFW AREA ARE BOOMING. CONSTRUCTION AND MECHANICALS ARE 2 AND 3 MONTHS BACKED UP. RESTURANTS ARE HIRING PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE SERVICE BUSINESS. COME ON DOWN. THINGS ARE GREAT HERE!
I heard the TX Wine country is having problems getting enough help to serve all the tourists. Out there it doesn't surprise me though. Unless you're at a good winery banking great tips from fat cats, I can't imagine how anyone would be able to afford living even reasonably close to work. I mean, are you going to rent your space to a restaurant bus boy for $800 a month, or rent it to tourists for $200 a night with 2 night minimum stay? Entry level working class can't afford those rents, and there are only so many local teens to go around.