Looking for a good solid

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
I am looking for a good solid ball before Nats. this year.
Was thinking about the Storm IQ Nano, can anyone tell me what they think about this ball, if they have one?
Or what do you think is a good solid ball on the market right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Well my problem with patterns like at Nats. is they tend to be oilier and flatter than THS, and with the way I bowl, I have a very hard time slowing down, so my ball tends to go buy the break point, as I am to fast. They say I get my speed from my timing, because my speed is effortless, I am 16 to 17 mph without even trying. Never checked my rev rate, but I would say its average. I have more hook than others but less than others.

So I need a ball that I can trust will not blow by the break point, and make the turn. Right now I don't have a solid in my bag, as I really don't need one for THS, but Nationals is a different story. I have seen the Nano in action, when the guy on my league threw a 300 with it, the first game out of the box 300. Now thats a good first impression.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Do you have this ball yourself? If you do, how does it react for you.

MI2AZ

I just got a Yeti Untamed. It is a polished solid ball and gives me more of a hockey stick reaction but not as much as some of the pearls I have used. I have only used it 2 weeks so am still learning how this ball will react. Only bowling THS this season, no sport league in our center.

I also have a Yeti Unleashed, another solid but not polished. The Unleashed seems to be better suited for more oil. I have had this ball for about a month. Between the two of them, since you are LH, I would think you would probably face more oil so the Unleashed may be a better choice between those two Yetis. There are other solids out there that may be a better fit for you but you will have to get other bowlers opinions on them. One of my teammates has a Guru and that ball looks strong but I have never had much luck with very strong balls. I am a low speed, low rev RH stroker.

The Untamed is on closeout sale so you should be able to find one for $90 or less at the online shops. Unleashed is about $125.

JLS

Sevenpin 63 said:
Was thinking about the Storm IQ Nano, can anyone tell me what they think about this ball, if they have one?
When you say a good....what do you mean...Are you looking for something that will handle heavy oil for the team event...If so, I don't think the IQ Nana tour is the ball...I would say the Crux, or the Unruly by DV8, or the Bad Intentions by Hammer...Heck....even the Mad Antics by Columbia...

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
James JLS said:
Sevenpin 63 said:
When you say a good....what do you mean...Are you looking for something that will handle heavy oil for the team event...If so, I don't think the IQ Nana tour is the ball...I would say the Crux, or the Unruly by DV8, or the Bad Intentions by Hammer...Heck....even the Mad Antics by Columbia...
Yes JLS that is what I meant. So you don't think the Nano will be enough ball?