Man Orders A Kindle, FedEx Delivers A Tumor Sample

MI2AZ

A stunned shopper was left reeling when he was delivered a human tumour instead of a Kindle by FedEx.

James Potten, from Cotham, was hoping to receive a special waterproof reading device he had ordered from an American company.

But to his horror, he actually took delivery of human tumour tissue, which was bound for the Royal Free Hospital in London.

The 37-year-old has been left with a diagnostic specimen in his home, and the courier company have so far refused to pick the parcel back up.

The package is a box marked "non-infectious human tumour tissue".

Mr Potten took delivery of the parcel on Thursday, and said he is anxious to get the medical parcel to the hospital.

Mr Potten, who works in environmental consultancy, said: "Presumably this is a very important package, that needs to get to the hospital as soon as possible.

"It is really bad that this has happened. This really should be with the hospital, not with me.

"There is a reason it has been sent from America to London, and it could be wasting valuable time while it just stays here."

Mr Potten said he has told FedEx about the mistake several times, but the customer service advisors on the end of the phone keep insisting the parcel was a Kindle.

He said: "It was delivered by hand and I signed for it, but when I opened the bag I didn't know what to do.

"I have told them about the mistake but I am still waiting for FedEx to come and pick it up.

"I am surprised that they haven't been more concerned about it.

"They keep telling me I've got my Kindle, but I obviously haven't."