Mini-editorial: Democrats' so-called 'COVID relief bill' a total joke

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Despite vaccine rollouts and attempts to recover America's economic strength, Congressional Democrats and the Biden Administration are pushing a third Covid-19 stimulus bill at a massive cost of $1.9 trillion.

The entire "package" is ridiculous, in that only about 10 percent of the funds are allocated for COVID-related spending, and it includes handouts to special interests such as private sector pension plans, museums, and local transit systems.

It also includes massive bailouts for Blue states run by incompetent Democratic governors and officials, and citizens of Red states -- such as Texas and Florida -- that have their economies under far-better control will be forced to foot much of the bill.

Unbelievably, it would add more than $14,000 per household to the out-of-control national debt, and the inclusion of a huge minimum-wage increase has no part in COVID-relief legislation.

Further, the enormous education spending is for next year and fails to mandate reopening schools now as a condition of receiving federal funds.

The fake-news lamestream media will remain virtually silent on most of these things, but the Republicans in opposition to this Nancy Pelosi-led bill need to be more vocal in explaining the facts of what's actually in it.

Bottom line: Roughly 10% for COVID relief and 90% for liberal "wish-list" items.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Are you, for some reason, surprised? Everyone knew this would happen when three corrupt branches go unchecked.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Are you, for some reason, surprised? Everyone knew this would happen when three corrupt branches go unchecked.
Dear Greg T:

Needless to say, I'm not surprised at all, as evidenced by many past comments and mini-editorials in this venue, and many others.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The "Libertarian view" posted by Djarum300 points out many examples of what I was referring to in my thread-starting editorial.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
REGARDLESS OF THE COLOR OF THE STATE, ISNT THE HELP FOR THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE AND NOT WHOM IS HIDING IN THE STATES CAPITOL BUILDING? SO IN THAT REGARD, CUDOS TO HELPING THE PEOPLE SUFFERING BECAUSE OF THEIR HEADS OF STATES IDIOCY. UNLESS YOU DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN THE STATE. THEN CARRY ON WITH YOUR HATE OF THEM, I GUESS. IF IT WOULD HELP MY FRIENDS ARE SUFFERING THRU ALL THIS, I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT NAME THEY PUT ON THE BILL THEY ARE TRYING TO PASS. AND DOES ANYONE REALLY TRUELY BELIEVE THAT REPS HAVE NEVER STUFFED BILLS WITH PORK BEFORE. REALLY!!?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
The "Libertarian view" posted by Djarum300 points out many examples of what I was referring to in my thread-starting editorial.
Outside of extended unemployment, checks, and PPP, there shouldn't be anything else in a COVID bill. That's about 800 or 900 B. The rest of the money is pork.

Why are blue cities and states that shut down getting rewarded for their bad policy. Infrastructure projects should be passed separately.

There is still money unclaimed from the last stimulus.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
REGARDLESS OF THE COLOR OF THE STATE, ISNT THE HELP FOR THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE AND NOT WHOM IS HIDING IN THE STATES CAPITOL BUILDING? SO IN THAT REGARD, CUDOS TO HELPING THE PEOPLE SUFFERING BECAUSE OF THEIR HEADS OF STATES IDIOCY. UNLESS YOU DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN THE STATE. THEN CARRY ON WITH YOUR HATE OF THEM, I GUESS. IF IT WOULD HELP MY FRIENDS ARE SUFFERING THRU ALL THIS, I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT NAME THEY PUT ON THE BILL THEY ARE TRYING TO PASS. AND DOES ANYONE REALLY TRUELY BELIEVE THAT REPS HAVE NEVER STUFFED BILLS WITH PORK BEFORE. REALLY!!?
But why should the taxpayers of Florida, who've been economically ok compared to California, pay for the lockdowns under california Governor (regardless of R or D). Your own state of Texas where they have suffering too?

Give the money equally to all states.

Fundamentally, citizens of those states have to learn from whom they vote for. If they get bailed by other states, bad leaders get voted again and again.

Yes, "the why" people are suffering matters. It has to to affect both smart policy and smart voting.

The same reason if people don't learn when they leave from one state to another just to vote for the same shit that caused their state to fail.

I have the same criticism of my own state that spends money poorly and relies too much on federal tax dollars. I have zero issue with higher taxes if they were getting spent wisely. But too much of my county/cuties taxes(R) goes to poorly run Birmingham, Mobile, or Montgomery,.all run by piss poor mayors.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ALOT OF THAT IS PART OF THE PROBLEM. IF A STATE VOTES 52% DEM AND 48% REP, 48% ARE TO SUFFER THE SAME FATE AS THE 52% THAT VOTED FOR IDIOTS? AND HOW MANY TIMES DOES A CANDIDATE SAY ONE THING TO GET ELECTED THEN DO ANOTHER AFTER ELECTED? PEOPLE CAN CONTROL THEIR OWN VOTE, BUT THEY CANT CONTROL WHO WAS VOTED IN, NOT UNTIL THE NEXT ELECTION YEAR THAT IS. EVERYONE SUFFERS NO MATER WHO THEY VOTED FOR, THAT ISNT FAIR IS IT?

NONE OF OUR STATES SHORTCOMINGS OR PROBLEMS ARE RELATED TO JUST 1 PARTY. BOTH SIDES ARE CORRUPT AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT "WE THE PEOPLE." ALMOST, YES, I SAID ALMOST, EVERY ONE OF THEM ARE PARTY BITCHES. IN ANOTHER THREAD DJ POSTED "DOG AND PONY SHOW". THATS ALL THEY ALL ARE, DOGS AND PONIES. MOST ARE ALL LEAD AROUND ON A LEASH AND FOLLOW THIER LEADERS. THEY MAY ESPOUSE INDEPENDANT THINKING, BUT IN THE LONG RUN, NONE SHOW IT.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Outside of extended unemployment, checks, and PPP, there shouldn't be anything else in a COVID bill. That's about 800 or 900 B. The rest of the money is pork.

... but WAMO obviously doesn't understand that. He seems to be OK with 10% for COVID relief and 90% PORK!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THEN FOLKS SHOULD WRITE THIER CONGRESSMAN AND HAVE THE BILL NAME CHANGED TO PORK. THERE, FIXED.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
THEN FOLKS SHOULD WRITE THIER CONGRESSMAN AND HAVE THE BILL NAME CHANGED TO PORK. THERE, FIXED.
Dear WAMO:

YOU DO HAVE MUCH TO LEARN.

The fact(s) of the matter is that the bill IS dominated by "pork" and is, for the most part, a Democratic and liberal "wish list" of things that have NOTHING to do with COVID relief.

Another FACT is that Democrats don't want the American people to know what's actually in the bill, so they PRESENT it as a "COVID Relief" bill, and 10% of it is, but 90% of it isn't! And the fake-news lamestream media certainly isn't going to refer to it as "pork"; therefore, many Americans are in favor of it while not having a clue as to what's actually in it.

Perhaps you don't believe what I'm saying, but
IF I'm correct, are you in favor of a bill that contains 10% COVID-related aid and 90% that has nothing to do with COVID? If you were to LEARN what's ACTUALLY in the bill -- and you can find out with simple searches -- perhaps you'd look at the bill quite differently.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I don't know how accurate the figures are that I have seen, but it shows a mere $200B out of $1.9T actually going to covid relief. IF this is the case, our elected officials are fucking crooked slime balls that need to be remove immediately.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I don't know how accurate the figures are that I have seen, but it shows a mere $200B out of $1.9T actually going to covid relief. IF this is the case, our elected officials are fucking crooked slime balls that need to be remove immediately.
Dear Greg T:

That's pretty close to the actual figures, but WHY do the Republicans even consider such ridiculous legislation? And every time that the GOP is accused of delaying and/or opposing the bill, why don't they repeatedly EMPHASIZE and tell the public exactly why they are in opposition? After all, the bill passed the House WITHOUT A SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTE!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Exhibit A: "Of the funds appropriated under title III of the Act that are made available for assistance for Pakistan, not less than $15,000,000 shall be made available for democracy programs and not less than $10,000,000 shall be made available for gender programs." Yep. $10 million. For gender programs. In Pakistan.

Exhibit B: Funds for "Resource Study of Springfield (Illinois) Race Riot." That riot occurred in (checks notes) 1908.

Exhibit C: "Statement Of Policy Regarding The Succession Or Reincarnation Of The Dalai Lama." We'll just leave that one there.

Exhibit D: There's actually a commission tasked with educating “consumers about the dangers associated with using or storing portable fuel containers for flammable liquids near an open flame."

Exhibit E: Another $40 million will be allocated "for the necessary expenses for the operation, maintenance and security" of The Kennedy Center, which received $25 million in another COVID-19 relief bill earlier this year. Also in a related story, the Kennedy Center has been closed.

Exhibits F, G, H, I, J: $86 million for assistance to Cambodia; $130 million to Nepal, $135 million to Burma, $453 million to Ukraine, $700 million to Sudan.

Exhibit K: The bill creates a Women's History Museum and an American Latino Museum as part of the Smithsonian. Overall, the Smithsonian gets (checks notes again) $1 billion.

You get the idea. It's the oldest trick in Washington: Take a bill that symbolically is overwhelmingly supported by the American people on its title alone (COVID-19 relief for those struggling due to the pandemic). Then attach every pet project possible, in this case by combining it with an omnibus spending bill, and away we go.

Then there's the gall of Pelosi, who politicized this process in stalling negotiations since the summer with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin until after the election to ensure her party’s presidential nominee got past the finish line.

“That is a total game-changer — a new president and a vaccine,” she said. “We have a new president — a president who recognizes that we need to depend on science to stop the virus.”

The kind of science that creates (checks notes once again) multiple vaccines in record time as was done under President Trump's Operation Warp Speed?

"Congressional Democrats have reached an agreement with Republicans and the White House on an emergency coronavirus relief and omnibus package that delivers urgently needed funds to save the lives and livelihoods of the American people," Pelosi wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

Again, using words like "emergency" and "urgently needed funds" that have been an emergency for many and urgently needed for months are the highest levels of insult.

Party power is always the goal with Pelosi. It may explain why her approval rating currently sits at 33 percent while Congress’s sits at 21 percent.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ANY MONEY ALOTTED FOR SCHOOLS, BUSINESSES, INDIVIDUALS AND ON AND ON ARE COVID RELATED. THE BILL SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LABELED COVID OR ALL THE PORK SHOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED. BUT IT DOES NOT MATER WHO BRINGS FORTH A BILL, THERE IS ALWAYS PORK. PARTY AFFILIATION BE DAMNED. AT ANY GIVEN TIME BOTH PARTIES HAVE HAD THEIR WAY WITH BS PORK FILLED BILLS. BOTH SIDES! PARTY POWER IS THE GOAL OF EVERYONE OF THEM GUYS G! NOT JUST PELUSY. ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE PARTY.

PELOSI AND SHUMER ARE JUST FLAT OUT JOKES AND DONT DESERVE TO BE IN THE POSITIONS THEY ARE IN.

AFTER ALL, WE ALL HAVE MUCH TO LEARN.