Mini-editorial: Democrats' so-called 'COVID relief bill' a total joke

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Okay, apparently you can't read all that so I'll pick them out:

Exhibit A: "Of the funds appropriated under title III of the Act that are made available for assistance for Pakistan, not less than $15,000,000 shall be made available for democracy programs and not less than $10,000,000 shall be made available for gender programs." Yep. $10 million. For gender programs. In Pakistan.

Exhibit B: Funds for "Resource Study of Springfield (Illinois) Race Riot." That riot occurred in (checks notes) 1908.

Exhibit C: "Statement Of Policy Regarding The Succession Or Reincarnation Of The Dalai Lama." We'll just leave that one there.

Exhibit D: There's actually a commission tasked with educating “consumers about the dangers associated with using or storing portable fuel containers for flammable liquids near an open flame."

Exhibit E: Another $40 million will be allocated "for the necessary expenses for the operation, maintenance and security" of The Kennedy Center, which received $25 million in another COVID-19 relief bill earlier this year. Also in a related story, the Kennedy Center has been closed

Exhibits F, G, H, I, J: $86 million for assistance to Cambodia; $130 million to Nepal, $135 million to Burma, $453 million to Ukraine, $700 million to Sudan.

Exhibit K: The bill creates a Women's History Museum and an American Latino Museum as part of the Smithsonian. Overall, the Smithsonian gets (checks notes again) $1 billion.

And those are just the tip of the iceberg. Nothing to do with covid. PERIOD.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
ANY MONEY ALOTTED FOR SCHOOLS, BUSINESSES, INDIVIDUALS AND ON AND ON ARE COVID RELATED. THE BILL SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LABELED COVID OR ALL THE PORK SHOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED. BUT IT DOES NOT MATER WHO BRINGS FORTH A BILL, THERE IS ALWAYS PORK. PARTY AFFILIATION BE DAMNED. AT ANY GIVEN TIME BOTH PARTIES HAVE HAD THEIR WAY WITH BS PORK FILLED BILLS. BOTH SIDES! PARTY POWER IS THE GOAL OF EVERYONE OF THEM GUYS G! NOT JUST PELUSY. ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE PARTY.
Dear WAMO:

A simple question for you ...

Rather than the current "COVID Relief Bill", would you support and/or accept a bill that stripped ALL non-COVID related items and have THAT submitted as final legislation?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I don't know how accurate the figures are that I have seen, but it shows a mere $200B out of $1.9T actually going to covid relief. IF this is the case, our elected officials are fucking crooked slime balls that need to be remove immediately.
It's fuzzy.

Some stuff is directly related. About .5T. another 500 billion is ancillary related Covid related stuff, mostly to support states shortfalls since they were shut down.

Why do schools all of a sudden need more money? No idea.

The rest is pork. The rest should be passed in a separate bill.

WAMO,

The fundamental difference is Republicans historically have been for passing a budget and the democrats have not. The pork the media points out is typically defense spending. Defense spending is actually allowed under the constitution. The pork the media points out for republicans are small projects in the millions, not billions.

Yes, both are guilty, but by and large the democrats spend significantly more.

Again, these items should be passed in a separate bill.

It would be simple to just pass a stimulus and an unemployment extension. Why not do just that? It would pass easily.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Forbes: Here's How Much Wasteful Spending Is In The New $1.9 Trillion Stimulus Bill
Over the weekend, the U.S. House posted a first draft version of the "American Rescue Plan Act of 2021" — a $1.9 trillion emergency aid package to help America recover from the coronavirus pandemic.

Previous legislation has already provided at least $4 trillion in funds for testing, paid family leave, small business relief, direct payments to individuals and families, the Kennedy Center, and a plethora of non-related COVID "relief."

Since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's leadership team essentially wrote the bill, our auditors at OpenTheBooks.com found what House Democrats consider coronavirus-recovery "essential" spending:
  • $50 million for "family planning" — going to non-profits, i.e. Planned Parenthood, or public entities, including for "services for adolescents[.]"
  • $852 million for AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps Vista, and the National Senior Service Corps — the Corporation for National and Community Service — civic volunteer agencies. This includes $9 million for the AmeriCorp inspector general to conduct oversight and audits of the largess. AmeriCorps received a $1.1 billion FY2020 appropriation.
People of goodwill can debate each of these goals, but is it truly emergency spending or funding related to COVID?
The Wall Street Journal editorial board estimated that only $825 billion was directly related to COVID-relief and $1 trillion was "expansions of progressive programs, pork, and unrelated policy changes."

For example, separately, our auditors found that $470 million in the bill doubles the budgets of The Institute of Museum and Library Services and the National Endowment of the Arts and the Humanities.
  • $200 million in the bill to The Institute of Museum and Library Services (FY2019 budget: $230 million). This agency is so small that it doesn't even employ an inspector general.
  • $270 million funds the National Endowment of the Arts and the Humanities (FY2019 budget: $253 million) — In 2017, our study showed eighty-percent of all non-profit grant making flowed to well-heeled organizations with over $1 million in assets.
Continuing coronavirus responses and bloated legislation will drive the national debt much higher.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
G, ALL BILLS ARE FULL OF BS NO MATER WHO IS IN POWER AT THE TIME. MUTE POINT. OR ARE YOU SAYING WHEN REPS DO IT IT IS LESS AND THEREFORE MAKES IT OK? I WILL GO BACK AND READ THAT DECEMBER BILL THAT WAS PASSED AND SEE WHATS IN IT. I WILL ALSO GO BACK AND READ TO SEE IF YOU ATTACKED IT AS YOU ARE THIS ONE AND BROKE IT DOWN AS YOU DID THIS ONE. OR IS THIS JUST MORE MADDING TO YOU BECAUSE ITS PRESIDENT BIDEN IN POWER AND NOT TRUMP?

DJ GOT IT RIGHT, AGAIN. WHEN EITHER PARTY PUTS FORTH A BILL, THAT BILL SHOULD ONLY COVER WHAT THE MAIN BODY OF THE BILL IS ABOUT. COVID RELIEF BILL SHOULD BE ONLY ABOUT COVID. (THIS ALSO ANSWERS SOMEONE ELSES QUESTION)

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
G, ALL BILLS ARE FULL OF BS NO MATER WHO IS IN POWER AT THE TIME. MUTE POINT. OR ARE YOU SAYING WHEN REPS DO IT IT IS LESS AND THEREFORE MAKES IT OK? I WILL GO BACK AND READ THAT DECEMBER BILL THAT WAS PASSED AND SEE WHATS IN IT. I WILL ALSO GO BACK AND READ TO SEE IF YOU ATTACKED IT AS YOU ARE THIS ONE AND BROKE IT DOWN AS YOU DID THIS ONE. OR IS THIS JUST MORE MADDING TO YOU BECAUSE ITS PRESIDENT BIDEN IN POWER AND NOT TRUMP?

DJ GOT IT RIGHT, AGAIN. WHEN EITHER PARTY PUTS FORTH A BILL, THAT BILL SHOULD ONLY COVER WHAT THE MAIN BODY OF THE BILL IS ABOUT. COVID RELIEF BILL SHOULD BE ONLY ABOUT COVID. (THIS ALSO ANSWERS SOMEONE ELSES QUESTION)
I thought , just maybe, after a while you'd lose the knack for putting words in people's mouths. Looks like I was wrong again. NEVER did I say republican sponsored PORK-filled bill was okay. What I said back then was that Trump kept sending the bill back to have the pork removed so that a TRUE stimulus to help the people could be signed. But the fucking democrats AND their bought and paid for media was blaming Trump for vetoing the bills. Had they sent a decent bill with no shit in it it would have been passed immediately. The Donald wanted a clean bill to help the people. That's it. No paid abortions, no bridge from New York to Canada, no studying the sex lives of the African pissant. Just a fucking check to the legal American citizens. PERIOD. Had there been a republican house and senate that sent those bills they would have been vetoed just as quickly.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I THOUGHT, JUST MAYBE, YOU WOULD READ MY WHOLE STATEMENT AND NOT JUST THE PART YOU WANTED TO POUNCE ON. LOOKS LIKE I WAS WRONG AGAIN. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO WHAT YOU WERE DOING BEFORE AND JUST IGNORING ME. ITS OBVIOUS YOU ONLY WANT TO ATTACK ME. YOU AND THAT OTHER GUY ONLY KNITPICK SOME OF WHAT I SAY AND TOTALLY IGNORE THE WHOLE STATEMENT. AS FAR AS PUTTING WORDS IN OTHER PEOPLES MOUTHS, THAT OTHER GUY IS WORLD CHAMPION AT IT, AND YET, YOU SAY NOTHING TO HIM. PLEASE MOVE ON G.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THE STIMULUS WILL GO FARTHER IF THEY DONT BAIL OUT THE STATES THAT HAVE DUMBASS GOVERNORS. THEY SHOULDNT GET A PENNY! STATE NOR THE PEOPLE. IF THEY VOTED THEM IN, THEY SHOULD ALL DO WITHOUT. PLENTY OF MONEY FOR EVERYONE ELSE. PROBLEM SOLVED.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
THE STIMULUS WILL GO FARTHER IF THEY DONT BAIL OUT THE STATES THAT HAVE DUMBASS GOVERNORS. THEY SHOULDNT GET A PENNY! STATE NOR THE PEOPLE. IF THEY VOTED THEM IN, THEY SHOULD ALL DO WITHOUT. PLENTY OF MONEY FOR EVERYONE ELSE. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Dear WAMO:

I'm in TOTAL AGREEMENT with your basic comment about aid to certain Blue States that continue to be mismanaged.

As for "plenty of money for everyone else" ... in a COVID relief bill, there should be NOTHING except COVID relief in it.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I THOUGHT, JUST MAYBE, YOU WOULD READ MY WHOLE STATEMENT AND NOT JUST THE PART YOU WANTED TO POUNCE ON. LOOKS LIKE I WAS WRONG AGAIN. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO WHAT YOU WERE DOING BEFORE AND JUST IGNORING ME. ITS OBVIOUS YOU ONLY WANT TO ATTACK ME. YOU AND THAT OTHER GUY ONLY KNITPICK SOME OF WHAT I SAY AND TOTALLY IGNORE THE WHOLE STATEMENT. AS FAR AS PUTTING WORDS IN OTHER PEOPLES MOUTHS, THAT OTHER GUY IS WORLD CHAMPION AT IT, AND YET, YOU SAY NOTHING TO HIM. PLEASE MOVE ON G.
As you wish

Last edited:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I HAVE SAID THAT MORE THAN ONCE AW. COVID ONLY!

THANX G! MORE CAMARADERIE THAT WAY. :Thumbsup:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ALL THE RED STATES THAT ARE STILL BEING MISMANAGED AS WELL AW. SEE, YOU SINGLE OUT 1 GROUP, BUT IT IS BOTH RED AND BLUE. GOOD FOR 1 GOOD FOR ALL.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
ALL THE RED STATES THAT ARE STILL BEING MISMANAGED AS WELL AW. SEE, YOU SINGLE OUT 1 GROUP, BUT IT IS BOTH RED AND BLUE. GOOD FOR 1 GOOD FOR ALL.
Dear WAMO:

Would you agree that taxpayers in states such as Florida and New York shouldn't be forced to "bail out" states such as California and New York?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Covid relief is moot. It's no longer needed. Covid is over! Joe rode in sniffing the horse's mane of hair and saved us all! Praise be to Saint Joe!!