Mom Catches Flak For Buying Her 3 Kids Over 300 Christmas Gifts

MI2AZ

What's wrong with giving your family hundreds of Christmas gifts? Quite a bit, according to reaction one mom received on social media. Emma Tapping, a married mother of three, posted a photo of her family Christmas tree nearly buried under more than 300 gifts. She then saw the image shared thousands of times, often with nasty comments about materialism and spoiled children, UPI reports. "The way I see it is you can buy your kids two presents or 200 presents—it's the way you bring them up," she said.

"I think how I spend my money on my children is my choice. You may not agree, but this is three little kids' Christmas tree being blasted."

Robadat

Although it seems like a lot, she only spent a total of $2276 on the kids for Christmas. That works out to be a little over $758 on each. That's not really exorbitant...

That being said, what business is it of anyone else? It's her family and her money. People need to butt out of others lives and passing judgements on people they don't know.

livespive

I want to be your child Rob :)

The only way we got that much was if we asked for big ticket item like a computer or something, and then that was it, unless the parents
suprised us with something else.

Although it seems like a lot, she only spent a total of $2276 on the kids for Christmas. That works out to be a little over $758 on each. That's not really exorbitant...

That being said, what business is it of anyone else? It's her family and her money. People need to butt out of others lives and passing judgements on people they don't know.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
What everyone seems to be missing is how this could actually ruin Christmas for those kids. On the surface it sounds like spoiling the kids, but could actually turn out to be a grueling, unpleasant experience for them. 900 presents to unwrap? Good grief, after the first 10 or 20, I bet the kids are not going to want to unwrap any more... much less another 880.

They're going to be so sick of unwrapping presents they'll never want to get another one!

Robadat

I want to be your child Rob :)

The only way we got that much was if we asked for big ticket item like a computer or something, and then that was it, unless the parents
suprised us with something else.
That's a little more than I would spend on my kids, unless like you said it was for a big ticket item and the kids deserved/needed it like a new computer or something. Only spent about $1000 total this year on the kids and grandkids. Not exorbitant, but they'll all have something under the tree when they come over for our Christmas Eve Family Get together.

Good Times Good Times

A few points (feel free to agree disagree):
-I will not judge the woman, as it is HER money
-It is definitely more than I would spend-If it were ME (and it's not), before giving these gifts I would participate with them in handing out toys to those less fortunate and give the reasoning behind Christmas.
-No one should "care" per se, but obv the kids will PROBABLY be spoiled brats and unbearable/selfish humans in their 20's. JMO