New York bowler rolls 900 series

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
[Reprinted from bowl.com]

Jeremy Milito said he had bowled on Lanes 1 and 2 of the Farmingdale Bowling Center about five times this season and not had much success.

But, bowling on the pair again Thursday night, the 26-year-old left-hander from Patchogue, New York, told himself he would try a different game plan, and it literally worked to perfection, as he became the 35th bowler to roll a 900 series, connecting for 36 consecutive strikes during the Epic Edge Trios league.

“It was absolutely surreal,” Milito said. “Our league is a full half-side, and there is another full league on the other side of the house. By the end, people were watching, and there was a huge crowd. It was dead quiet, they unplugged the games, no announcements – it was really quiet. It was a really awesome environment.”

Milito’s achievement is pending approval from the United States Bowling Congress and would be the second perfect series of the 2018-2019 season and 36th USBC-approved 900 overall. Jonathan Wilbur of North Clarendon, Vermont, rolled a 900 series on Jan. 14, 2019.

Milito’s 900 came on the first pair of the center, and he had recently shot 640 on that pair. He explained that Lane 1 was a lot tighter, and Lane 2 hooks early, so he used a stronger ball on Lane 1 and a weaker ball on Lane 2. He stuck with the same two balls the entire series.

Milito, who is a financial analyst, also had to clear a mental hurdle he had not encountered during an 878 series, his previous best series, shot two years ago.

“My longest run from the start had been the front 18, so after the first game and a half, it was unchartered territory,” Milito said. “Even with the 878, I shot 278 the first game, then went 300-300. So, I was little nervous in the 10th frame of Game 2, because I felt if I got the first two (300 games), then I have a chance at something really big.”

He said in Game 3, it was just all about taking it slow.

“Everyone was kind of staying away from me, like a pitcher with a perfect game, and the pace was really good, everyone going when it was their turn,” Milito said.

The first USBC-approved 900 occurred Feb. 2, 1997 when Jeremy Sonnenfeld rolled three consecutive perfect games in Lincoln, Nebraska.

For more information on USBC records, visit bowl.com/records

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
LETS SEE; ALREADY HAD AN 878? NOW A 900. LEFTHANDED. GOT IT! :mad: WONDER IF THE 878 WAS THE CENTER HIGH SERIES?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I HAVE SEEN GUYS PLAY DIFFERENT LINES WITH DIFFERENT BALLS. AND EVEN SHOOT 300 AND 800. 900? NOPE, AINT BUY'N IT.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
… but NONE of the 900 shooters will ever match Robert Mushtare's amazing feat of THREE 900s -- two of them USBC-certified -- in a single league season -- or in a lifetime, for that matter!