NFL vs NCAA

Once upon a time, there was an argument on this site about if the best college football team could beat the worst NFL team. At the time, I believe the NFL team was the 2007 undefeating Detroit Lions. I dont remember which college team was brought up, but insert SEC team here:___________________. Most of us rational folks called it what it was... ridiculous. A few people hid behind the "opinion" clause to keep from having to admit they were wrong. Blah Blah Blah.

I would have bumped the old thread before the new site, but I saw this article today and thought I'd share. I personally think that, if the NFL teams wouldnt lay off in the second half, that you could double each line, but thats just me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ead-denver-broncos-played-142512121--nfl.html
"Oddsmaker guesses what the point spread would be if Denver Broncos played University of Alabama"

""It is not easy to set accurate hypothetical lines on an NFL team vs. an NCAA team for a number of reasons. The two main ones being that this has never happened before and no actual money comes in on it,” Bradley said. “We often will use historical data and how our bettors bet the lines we open and adjust odds from there on any given game. Having said that, even though the Jags are awful and 0-4, they would still be big 17.5-point favorites over Alabama.”"

Last edited by a moderator:

els3

I wouldn't touch the jags as a 17.5 point favorite over my local high school team. :)

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHICH RULES WOULD THEY PLAY THE GAME UNDER? NFL RULES, NO COLLEGE TEAM COULD COMPETE. COLLEGE RULES, NO COLLEGE TEAM COULD COMPETE. TO MANY DIFFERENT RULES. ONE FOOT INBOUNDS. THE NEW NFL TACKLING RULES, COLLEGE TEAMS WOULD HAVE 30 PENALTIES A GAME.

Ernie Simmons said:
I wouldn't touch the jags as a 17.5 point favorite over my local high school team. :)
Thats funny as a joke... but I'd take that action all day long.