OH BOY!!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
What do y'all use for heat up there? Wood? Gas? My heat pump is only good to about 12 degrees.
Forced air natural gas here. Long time ago I used strictly wood with no back-up. Did that for many years but I just couldn't do it any longer. BUT, wood today is selling for 95 bux a face chord, so gas is much cheaper, cleaner, and NO work! In fact, I use a gas clothes dryer, cook stove, furnace, water heater, and on the equal pay budget plan I pay about $67.00 a month.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Water heater and furnace - two things that if I can help it I'll never use electric for again! Did that once 20 years ago and they both sucked. During the power outage last year I was glad we had a gas stove, at least we were able to eat and make coffee/hot tea to help stay warm. Would've been smart to have a generator and we could have powered the furnace up, but we didn't.

Looking like tonight is going to be cold - high 20's expected for a few hours.

Imagine AW will be alomg shortly to tell us it's 80 and sunny in his back yard. :mad::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Forced air natural gas here. Long time ago I used strictly wood with no back-up. Did that for many years but I just couldn't do it any longer. BUT, wood today is selling for 95 bux a face chord, so gas is much cheaper, cleaner, and NO work! In fact, I use a gas clothes dryer, cook stove, furnace, water heater, and on the equal pay budget plan I pay about $67.00 a month.
It pisses me off that they ran natural gas up through about half of the neighborhood. They have gas stove, dryers, and heat in the front part of the neighborhood. They just didn't want to run it back here and have no plans to. Then the utility company complains about heat pump usage when its 10 degrees. I emailed them and told them I'd be happy to use natural gas if they got it to my home.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
It pisses me off that they ran natural gas up through about half of the neighborhood. They have gas stove, dryers, and heat in the front part of the neighborhood. They just didn't want to run it back here and have no plans to. Then the utility company complains about heat pump usage when its 10 degrees. I emailed them and told them I'd be happy to use natural gas if they got it to my home.
You could probably create a letter and have everyone in the neighborhood sign it. That way they'll know they aren't wasting money for no return. they want to be assured of having a load of customers on that run.