Opinion article: How to Know When the Narrative is False

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
[NOTE: The following is from an opinion piece by Rob Jenkins on Townhall.com earlier today.]

I know what you’re thinking: This should be the world’s shortest column, right? If it comes from the “mainstream,” “legacy,” or “corporate” media—whichever term you prefer—it’s probably false. Perhaps, but there’s actually a little more to it than that. You can know something is false, but offering a cogent rebuttal for the less enlightened is another matter.

First of all, the fact that we’re even talking about “narrative,” not “news” —much less “truth” or “facts”— should be instructive to anyone interested in truth and facts. Yet “narrative” has become the leftist media’s favored descriptor, one they once used only among themselves but now openly flaunt, as if the rest of us can’t tell the difference. Sadly, too many can’t—which is why those of us who can must constantly make our case.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
As an accomplished (but rare conservative) newspaper journalist for more than five decades, I totally understand (and endorse) the words printed by columnist Jenkins. He details the EXACT tactics used by the modern-day fake-news lamestream media, and I know from first-hand experience.