Paul Walker's Daughter Sues Porsche

MI2AZ

Paul Walker's daughter has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Porsche, alleging that her father would still be alive if the company had installed proper safety features in the car in which he died.

Good Times Good Times

I thought he (PW) was a passenger and the driver was doing 100+ or something. I can't recall the precise details. Obv this is terrible what happened, but I'd have a difficult time understanding where the case exactly is. Not sure how someone could prove he'd still be alive, and again, the driver was reckless.

This seems exceptionally frivolous and sounds like someone has still yet to fully cope with a loss. Very sad.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NEWS REPORT HERE IN DALLAS THIS MORNING SAID THE SEATBELT WAS FAULTY. REPORT SAID SEATBELT WOULD NOT RELEASE. HE DIDNT DIE FROM THE WRECK, HE BURNED TO DEATH.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IT DID. THEY SAID HIS LUNGS WERE BURNED INDICATING HE WAS STILL ALIVE AND BREATHING.

Robadat

I don't see how this lawsuit against Porsche will hold up in Court.

The accident was caused by the driver's recklessness, plain and simple. The car was going somewhere around 100 mph when the accident ocurred, in a 45 MPH zone. It spun out of control, hit a concrete lightpole on the driver's side, spun around and took out a tree with the passenger side before coming to a stop and catching fire. Autopsy stated Walker had numerous fractures of his ribs, pelvis, arms, collarbone, jaw and spine from the impact. "Scant soot" found in his trachea also suggests he probably died before flames fully engulfed the vehicle, he did not "burn to death". Autopsy also stated that both occupants braced for impact before the crash and subsequently died in that position.

Neither of these guys would have been able to remove themselves from the totally mangled, burning car whether or not the seat belts were functioning normally. Family's complaint states that the seat belts did not function correctly, "According to the lawsuit, the seat belt "snapped Walker's torso back with thousands of pounds of force, thereby breaking his ribs and pelvis," trapping him in the car "where he remained alive until the vehicle erupted into flames one minute and twenty seconds later."

Well, duh. In a collision of 100mph, seat belts will cause serious injuries if not kill you themselves. That is not a design flaw, that's how they work. They prevent your body from flying into or thru the windsheild and out of the vehicle, the trade off is that injuries to the chest and hips can and often do occur, in high speed crashes.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GOOD JOB ROB. WHAT THE REPORT HERE SAID WAS THAT THIS PARTICULAR MODEL DOES NOT HAVE ALL THE SAFETY FEATURES FOUND IN ALL OTHER PORSCH MODELS AND THAT "MAY" HAVE BEEN A CONTRIBUTING FACTOR. AND THAT THERE WERE SOME "STABALIZING" ISSUES WITH THIS PARTICULAR MODEL. BUT AS WE ALL KNOW IN TODAYS TIMES, ANYONE CAN SUE ANYONE FOR ANY REASON. STILL A YOUNG MAN LOST TO SOON NO MATER WHOS FAULT.