Question for GregT and AW in RE; Trump

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
This is simething that has bugged me about Trump for some time. We know he's a manipulator and he likes to play games in order to get what he wants. He was also good buddies with the Democrats and the Clintons for decades up until his run for president.

While I appreciate his efforts to stand up to China and others to bring jobs back to the US, I do have to wonder if his ultimate role in the 2016 election was to disrupt the GOP applecart and hand Hillary the win. Except it backfired because, well, everyone thinks Hillary is an evil, disgusting.

So he wins. What to do? Spending the next 4 years trying to further weaken the GOP to give Dems back control seems logical (IF the original plan was to disrupt the GOP for the Clintons advantage).

I don't think he ever intended to destroy America, he just wanted to disrupt the GOP to help out his Democrat buddies. But the more his antics solidified his Republican supporters, the more desperate the left became - thus all the bullshit witch hunts, riots, and yes, Covid.

That's a lot of words to get to the point; how can you be sure he is trustworty and truly representing Republican values to the best of his ability, and that his (what some would call "offensive") rhetoric isn't intended to destroy the Republican party? Especially given his background and close association with the Clintons?

That thought has always been stuck in the back if my mind. If he's always been this much of a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, offensive asshole, surely the left would have "cancelled" him long before the Presidential run of 2016 - except for the fact that he was "one of them" at the time.

How can you trust that his intentions as a Republican are pure?

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
9 I it comes down to this, I don't think he ran with any intention to win. I actually think he was kind of shocked that he won. It was nothing more than a PR stunt for the Trump brand.
Trump doesn't care about anybody but Trump, trump likes you if you can help him out or make him money nothing more nothing less. That's why he has had so much turnover in his cabinet positions.
Trump is an egomaniac, narcissist nothing more nothing less

Djarum300

Addicted Member
So Trump wanted all this for the Dems? That's a bit of a stretch unless he's just a glutton for punishment. He didn't need any of this.

He wasn't any of those things to begin with. He ran on support of gay marriage. He was friends with many black celebrities. It's simply the MSM along with the Dems that generated this propaganda that low information voters lapped up.

I do believe his plan was to expose the corrupt process. He exposed the deep state for what it is. The deep state has no affiliation but its own survival. Why do you think he went through cabinet members? His expectation was that the deep.state changes but it never does. The CDC, FDA, FCC, FAA, DOE....etc will never truly change.

He exposed the hypocrisy of the democrats (rules for thee, not for me. Condoning blm and antifa violence but not shocked by Trump supporters) and the spineless republicans ( healthcare plan never happened, 230 never addressed, capitulation to the Dems over and over again)

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I feel just the opposite. I believe he ran because of the corruption on both sides and his intent was to expose how bad our government really is. I also believe he nearly succeeded, and just hasn't had the time to finish the job. But, it ain't over, yet. I still believe there is a storm brewing and massive exposure will come. I've been aware of Trump for decades and have watched his interviews and such for many years. He's NEVER wavered in his convictions

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
But why would he expose the hypocrisy of the Democrats when he'd been one all his life and they were all his buddies? At his age, why would he care about exposing the Deep State? With his wealth and political cronies, I'm sure he's benefitted from contacts within the deep state himself, so why would he bite the hand that feeds?

If, as Seven says, all he cares about is himself, why would he bother with all this nonsense that doesn't impact him (a member of the "Filthy Rich" untouchables and all the rights/privilages that affords)? All his life he's been riding the gravy train with biscuit wheels, so why now - when his life is nearing the end - would he care about taking down any of this stuff that he's surely benefitted from over the years?

Something doesn't add up in my mind about him. Maybe my thoughts are off, but something ain't right - I just haven't figured it out yet.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
But why would he expose the hypocrisy of the Democrats when he'd been one all his life and they were all his buddies? At his age, why would he care about exposing the Deep State? With his wealth and political cronies, I'm sure he's benefitted from contacts within the deep state himself, so why would he bite the hand that feeds?

If, as Seven says, all he cares about is himself, why would he bother with all this nonsense that doesn't impact him (a member of the "Filthy Rich" untouchables and all the rights/privilages that affords)? All his life he's been riding the gravy train with biscuit wheels, so why now - when his life is nearing the end - would he care about taking down any of this stuff that he's surely benefitted from over the years?

Something doesn't add up in my mind about him. Maybe my thoughts are off, but something ain't right - I just haven't figured it out yet.
I think everyone is much too cynical about Trump. He didn't have to give up his lavish, multi-BILLION dollar life style and take on the federal government. As I said, I've watched him for decades and he has never wavered in his beliefs. He's known about the trade deficits, party corruption, pay for play, and all the other crooked shit that make politicians rich. He said it in an interview 40 years ago that there is no way, legally or ethically, that a politician can become a millionaire on $100, 000 to 200,000 per year salary. But yet, there they are. All of them. I believe Trump truly cares about the American citizens and wants this corruption to stop before the greatest country in the world fails. That's why he built the military. That's why he said ENOUGH OF THE TRADE IMBALANCE, and that's why he is shaking the fuck out of the house and senate. Everyones minds are too tainted and focused on the corruption that they don't trust anyone. That must stop. I believe Trump is sincere in his journey to fight the corruption and I believe he is not finished yet.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
This is simething that has bugged me about Trump for some time. We know he's a manipulator and he likes to play games in order to get what he wants. He was also good buddies with the Democrats and the Clintons for decades up until his run for president.

While I appreciate his efforts to stand up to China and others to bring jobs back to the US, I do have to wonder if his ultimate role in the 2016 election was to disrupt the GOP applecart and hand Hillary the win. Except it backfired because, well, everyone thinks Hillary is an evil, disgusting.

So he wins. What to do? Spending the next 4 years trying to further weaken the GOP to give Dems back control seems logical (IF the original plan was to disrupt the GOP for the Clintons advantage).

I don't think he ever intended to destroy America, he just wanted to disrupt the GOP to help out his Democrat buddies. But the more his antics solidified his Republican supporters, the more desperate the left became - thus all the bullshit witch hunts, riots, and yes, Covid.

That's a lot of words to get to the point; how can you be sure he is trustworty and truly representing Republican values to the best of his ability, and that his (what some would call "offensive") rhetoric isn't intended to destroy the Republican party? Especially given his background and close association with the Clintons?

That thought has always been stuck in the back if my mind. If he's always been this much of a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, offensive asshole, surely the left would have "cancelled" him long before the Presidential run of 2016 - except for the fact that he was "one of them" at the time.

How can you trust that his intentions as a Republican are pure?
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I don't have enough time to respond right now, but I'll do so no later than tomorrow morning. Your post requires a multi-faceted reply. Look for my "expert" response soon.

Scolai

I think everyone is much too cynical about Trump. He didn't have to give up his lavish, multi-BILLION dollar life style and take on the federal government. As I said, I've watched him for decades and he has never wavered in his beliefs. He's known about the trade deficits, party corruption, pay for play, and all the other crooked shit that make politicians rich. He said it in an interview 40 years ago that there is no way, legally or ethically, that a politician can become a millionaire on $100, 000 to 200,000 per year salary. But yet, there they are. All of them. I believe Trump truly cares about the American citizens and wants this corruption to stop before the greatest country in the world fails. That's why he built the military. That's why he said ENOUGH OF THE TRADE IMBALANCE, and that's why he is shaking the fuck out of the house and senate. Everyones minds are too tainted and focused on the corruption that they don't trust anyone. That must stop. I believe Trump is sincere in his journey to fight the corruption and I believe he is not finished yet.
This is also why the House is gearing up for a second impeachment. They've got to cuff Trump before he exposes the whole lot of 'em before January 20. They are terrified that he will pardon Assange and Snowden while declassifying a bunch of seriously incriminating stuff. GOP and Democrat members alike are in a hurry to get Trump out the door.

Djarum300

Addicted Member

Keeping mind he has kids and grandkids. From what I've read, true or untrue, he is a serious family man.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
TRUMP HAS JUMPED SHIP WITH PARTY AFFILIATIONS MULTIPLE TIMES. I CANT BELIEVE THAT ANYONE WOULD THINK HE HASNT WAVERED IN HIS BELIEFS. TRUMP CHANGES HIS OPINION AS OFTEN AS HIS UNDERWEAR.

BEING ON TV AS THE PRESIDENT HAS DONE WHAT? BUILT THE TRUMP BRAND! WAY MORE THAN HIS TV SHOWS. JUST LIKE SEVEN SAID, HE IS ALL ABOUT TRUMP.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
TRUMP HAS JUMPED SHIP WITH PARTY AFFILIATIONS MULTIPLE TIMES. I CANT BELIEVE THAT ANYONE WOULD THINK HE HASNT WAVERED IN HIS BELIEFS. TRUMP CHANGES HIS OPINION AS OFTEN AS HIS UNDERWEAR.

BEING ON TV AS THE PRESIDENT HAS DONE WHAT? BUILT THE TRUMP BRAND! WAY MORE THAN HIS TV SHOWS. JUST LIKE SEVEN SAID, HE IS ALL ABOUT TRUMP.
Most businessmen change opinions all the time. They have to adapt to a changing climate. This doesn't bode well in politics though. This is why Mitt Romney isn't president.

The only reason he gained popularity is he gained the favor of the flyover states that no one since reagan has done.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I THINK THATS 9'S POINT. HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT TRUMP WILL THINK AND DO WHEN HE WAKES UP IN THE MORNING? AND DJ BRINGS TO LIGHT ANOTHER GOOD POINT. MOST BUSINESSMEN CHANGE THEIR "OPINIONS" (ALSO MEANS BELIEFS AND CONVICTIONS) ALL THE TIME. TRUMP IS NO DIFFERENT.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

In response to your opening post, addressed in part to me ...

* Trump may have been "good buddies" with some Democrats and the Clintons, but he he has espoused the same political positions and values for a long, long time.

* As for your speculation that Trump was actually attempting to hand the election to Hillary, that seems rather absurd that he would spend that much time and money to campaign as he did (and to be the subject of so much ridicule).

* As for attempting to "weaken the Dems", I see no logic whatsoever in that speculation.

* He was rarely referred to as "a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, offensive asshole" until he threw his hat in the ring to run for president.

I don't know about Trump adhering to GOP "values", but he is and was opposed to "Swamp values."

* I "trust" his "political values" because they match mine almost exactly.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Aw,

Hes not libertarian enough for me, especially when it comes to the deficit.
Dear Djarum300:

I've been totally opposed to the out-of-control national debt for decades, but I've concluded that there aren't any politicians willing to actually do anything about it. And it's just a matter of time until the basic world reserve currency will be the Chinese yuan.