R.I.P., Rush

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
In the mid-1970s, more than a decade before his radio talk-show days, Rush Limbaugh was a great Top 40 disc jockey on Pittsburgh radio station KQV. And here's a short "aircheck" on how he sounded in that capacity way back when ...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Love him or hate him, the legendary Rush Limbaugh was a truly great conservative icon. May he rest in peace!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Never cared for him. Waaaay too sensationalist for my tastes.
Dear Djarum300:

You used the term "Waaaay" -- and it doesn't have bearing on anything -- but doesn't Huntsville have radio and/or TV stations with the call letters of WAAY? Somehow, I thought of that when a person from Huntsville posted that term.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Never was a fan of his, but to be fair, I'm not a fan of talk radio/shows in general. No denying he was a pioneer in his field. Few others achieve his level of name recognition outside their own fanbase.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Here's another side of Rush Limbaugh. From the "Rush To Excellence" Tour in 1991, Rush sings a duet of "Ain't Got No Home" with the singer who made it popular, Clarence "Frogman" Henry ...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Well, I would be willing to bet Rush purchased a couple of dignity catchers on the way home and hung them in his windows with extreme anticipation for next six months. Oh, Rush, that was brutal.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300:

You used the term "Waaaay" -- and it doesn't have bearing on anything -- but doesn't Huntsville have radio and/or TV stations with the call letters of WAAY? Somehow, I thought of that when a person from Huntsville posted that term.
Yes, WAAY is a tv station.

No, I was using "way" as an adverb. By adding extra "a"s for effect.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Never was a fan of his, but to be fair, I'm not a fan of talk radio/shows in general. No denying he was a pioneer in his field. Few others achieve his level of name recognition outside their own fanbase.
I listened to him in the early 00's. When I listened to him, it always seemed as if the world was coming to an end over whatever the left was doing. Glenn Beck sort of was like that. He doesn't seem as unhinged as he used to be, and now is much more listenable and likeable. Rush, not so much.

I'm not suggesting he wasn't a pioneer. In many ways, as the right went to alternative media outlets like youtube, the model was almost a direct copy of what Rush did with talk radio years ago.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yes, WAAY is a tv station.

No, I was using "way" as an adverb. By adding extra "a"s for effect.
Dear Djarum300:

I definitely knew what you were saying (for effect), but for some reason, when I saw that word, I thought of WAAY, and I believe that I could sometimes get a WAAY radio station on1550 AM -- during my college years at Vanderbilt.