Rand Paul 2016

Spider

Rand is set to make it official, tomorrow. If you do not 'Stand with Rand', I'd like to know some reasons why.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Rand would not be my first choice, but, with the lack of electable GOP candidates I would tend to shift my vote his way. I certainly wish Trey Gowdy would throw his hat into the ring.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Rand would not be my first choice, but, with the lack of electable GOP candidates I would tend to shift my vote his way. I certainly wish Trey Gowdy would throw his hat into the ring.
Dear Greg T:

Your above-quoted post almost precisely matches my viewpoint at present.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Gowdy just seems like a no nonsense, well calculated, and straight forward kinda guy. Doesn't seem to let any bullshit pass him without making someone answer for it.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Gowdy just seems like a no nonsense, well calculated, and straight forward kinda guy. Doesn't seem to let any bullshit pass him without making someone answer for it.
Dear Greg T:

That's certainly the way that Mr. Gowdy seems, from my perspective. And whereas it will be difficult to get Hillary to answer with regard to her obvious (to me) shortcomings, if anyone can get her to do so, it's Gowdy.

Last edited:

JLS

Here we go again....The only choices we seem to get are bad choices...

Now from what I have seen from the Reps...This guy may be the best of the Bad...

But I don't believe he will beat the best of the bad from the Dems...

Miss Hillary

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Clinton is not electable any longer. She's got much too much baggage, now. Stick a fork in her.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
As long as there's not a "D" or an "R" by their name, I'll support them! Well... within reason. I think I'd still rather have a batshit insane anybody in office over another goddamn Repukelican or Democrap. They've both done enough to divide/destroy this country... who could be any worse?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Republicans need to get behind someone who will win over the masses. I don't see Rand Paul doing that. Honestly, not any front runner republican I can think of can win over the moderates.

Good Times Good Times

This is hilarious to me:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/politics/rand-paul-president-2016/

"I can tell you there will be one loud voice in our party saying, think of the unintended consequence," Paul said in Iowa two months ago. "Think about what we're going to accomplish and whether it will work before we go to war.' I promise you that will always be something I take very, very seriously."

The
cautious foreign policy dance (though it's hardly a "dance", he's straight-up saying) has drawn criticism from his father's supporters, who say Paul has become too moderate, and from hawkish Republicans who fear he wouldn't go far enough as commander in chief to tackle problems overseas."

I love it.........the guy makes well calculated and thought out decisions and gets criticism from the neo-hawks. I do think it comes down to a fundamental worldview. I fundamentally believe the president doesn't have to wield a sword/police the world/ be involved in EVERY conflict constantly to be commander-in-chief.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
As long as there's not a "D" or an "R" by their name, I'll support them! Well... within reason. I think I'd still rather have a batshit insane anybody in office over another goddamn Repukelican or Democrap. They've both done enough to divide/destroy this country... who could be any worse?
Dear 9andaWiggle:

You may valid assertions, but unfortunately, we're a long way from arriving at a political climate in which a third party could actually prevail in a presidential election.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Republicans need to get behind someone who will win over the masses. I don't see Rand Paul doing that. Honestly, not any front runner republican I can think of can win over the moderates.
... and that's why I have GUARANTEED that there will never be another U.S. president elected under the Republican banner. I'd certainly prefer to be wrong -- especially based on the candidates that the Democrats keep putting forward -- but logic dictates otherwise.

Spider

Dinesh D'Souza:

Hooray Rand Paul for coming out swinging at "the Washington machine that gobbles up our freedoms & invades every nook & cranny of our lives"

Spider

Rand taking a lot of heat from both the left and neo-con media... You take the most flak when over the target.