Sad State of the USA

bbfreeburn

Greg, do you really think that a normal white kid would have been handled in the same fashion? I think it's knee jerk reaction on the part of the school. After all, aren't all Muslims terrorists?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Not over-reaction by the school. But over-reaction by the police, yes. IMO

If the thing was a bomb, and it blew up after that first teacher saw it and said nothing, we'd all be crucifying the school for inaction. How could they be so dumb as not to say something when a kid brought a bomb to school, right? And they would be getting sued by many families instead of just one. The school was going to lose no matter what.

livespive

That take me back to my point...

The first teach did see it, and found that it was a clock

WAMO.....

Trust me even today parents do call the school to tell that the kid is bringing in a project.
Not saying they shouldn't, also I would have carried my project with me all day.
I would have at least put it in my locker.

Still, there was an athority figure there that knew what it was. IT shouldn't have went that far.

Not over-reaction by the school. But over-reaction by the police, yes. IMO

If the thing was a bomb, and it blew up after that first teacher saw it and said nothing, we'd all be crucifying the school for inaction. How could they be so dumb as not to say something when a kid brought a bomb to school, right? And they would be getting sued by many families instead of just one. The school was going to lose no matter what.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NEWS FLASH! BREAKING NEWS!!! TURNS OUT THE KIDS FATHER IS A MUSLIM EXTREMIST. RAN FOR PRESIDENT OF JORDAN 3 OR 4 TIMES. HAS BACKGROUND OF BASHING AMERICA AND AMERICANS. AND HERE IS THE KICKER, EXPERTS EXAMINED "THE CLOCK" THE KID SAYS HE MADE, TURNS OUT HE ONLY TOOK A CLOCK APART AND SCREWED IT TO THE BREIFCASE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg, do you really think that a normal white kid would have been handled in the same fashion? I think it's knee jerk reaction on the part of the school. After all, aren't all Muslims terrorists?
That's difficult to determine. The problem overall is over-sensitivity brought on by the PC police.

livespive

I would agree, as there have been cases of white children getting the same treatment....

So I would say it would really depend on the school. This school, I think think they might not have as it was in Texas.
Now up in the NE USA they have been know to do that.

That's difficult to determine. The problem overall is over-sensitivity brought on by the PC police.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I would agree, as there have been cases of white children getting the same treatment....

So I would say it would really depend on the school. This school, I think think they might not have as it was in Texas.
Now up in the NE USA they have been know to do that.
Yeah, pretty sure it was a white kid that got the boot because his Poptart looked like a gun.