Serious question about gun control

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't NEED more than 3 anything. But, this is still a free country, contrary to what the liberals want, and I can own WTF I want to own. I don't NEED more than 3 shirts, or pairs of socks, either. But I have many. Nobody NEEDS more than one piece of transportation, but nearly every family has two or more, plus bikes, ATVs, skates, etc. This country and society is not based on what people NEED. It is based on the freedom to have as many as we desire.
"I don't need more than 3 beers"... said no-one, EVER! :Roflmao:

toolguru

Total Tool
I honestly think it's a fetish thing and a deep rooted psychological fear-based inability to accept the simple randomness of life. Sometimes things happen for literally no other reason than they happen. That's terrifying for some people and really lights up the fear center of some folks' brain if you put it up on the graph (like pills light up the reward center in addicts' brains).

I simply refuse to walk around in our society in fear of terrorism etc, that only lets the terrorists win. I know, I know guys on this board, I already know your talking points like we can overthrow the gov't, Murrica' etc.

BTW, hope all is well with you and yours. Haven't heard from ya in forever.
Things are well. Good to read your musings. Truth of the matter is this place is kind of a snoozefest. Even more clique driven than other sites.