So anyone

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'm a believer, a supporter, and have no doubt he is what we need to get back on track. BUT!!!!! I'm not so sure he's electable any longer.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
My thoughts on Trump;

Initially I was supportive. A brash outsider breaking through to fight the establishment. They ALL hated him (still do), so he was the right choice!

Policy wise, I've agreed with most of his moves.

It's his delivery that is the problem. He operates in chaos - it's all reality tv all the time. DRAMA! DRAMA! DRAMA! This is his downfall IMO. It's like he's always gunning for Nielsen ratings, everything else be damned. It's tiring. The people are worn down and wary of the sideshow. Make America Great Again has given way to Make Politics Boring Again.

One other bit that bothers me (I'm interested to hear ya'lls point of view on this); he was best buddies with Bill and Hillary for decades. I don't hear him attacking Democrats as viciously as he eviscerates any Republican that doesn't fall lock-step into his agenda. IMO his behavior + attacks on Republicans are destroying the Republican party from within and giving the Democrats control when any other time in history they would barely be at the table. Sometimes it makes me think, is he a Trojan Horse? A Democrat wolf in Republican sheep's clothing doing exactly what is intended?

My fear is he will destroy any chance DeSantis has at a Presidential run in '24 and we wind up with 4 more years of the puppet (or maybe worse depending on what the Dems do). As Greg said, he's no longer electable - all he can do now is screw Republican candidates. The Democrats have figured out how to beat him and anyone he supports.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My thoughts on Trump;

Initially I was supportive. A brash outsider breaking through to fight the establishment. They ALL hated him (still do), so he was the right choice!

Policy wise, I've agreed with most of his moves.

It's his delivery that is the problem. He operates in chaos - it's all reality tv all the time. DRAMA! DRAMA! DRAMA! This is his downfall IMO. It's like he's always gunning for Nielsen ratings, everything else be damned. It's tiring. The people are worn down and wary of the sideshow. Make America Great Again has given way to Make Politics Boring Again.

One other bit that bothers me (I'm interested to hear ya'lls point of view on this); he was best buddies with Bill and Hillary for decades. I don't hear him attacking Democrats as viciously as he eviscerates any Republican that doesn't fall lock-step into his agenda. IMO his behavior + attacks on Republicans are destroying the Republican party from within and giving the Democrats control when any other time in history they would barely be at the table. Sometimes it makes me think, is he a Trojan Horse? A Democrat wolf in Republican sheep's clothing doing exactly what is intended?

My fear is he will destroy any chance DeSantis has at a Presidential run in '24 and we wind up with 4 more years of the puppet (or maybe worse depending on what the Dems do). As Greg said, he's no longer electable - all he can do now is screw Republican candidates. The Democrats have figured out how to beat him and anyone he supports.
I'm not so sure anymore. His speech last night was pointed, solemn, direct and focused. No vicious attacks, no colorful language. Just facts and intent. I think last night was the best speech he's ever made, and if he follows this path, he'll dominate.

As for the drama, well, what would one expect from someone who has been the target of fake and manufactured attacks since the day he said he would run? I thought he'd held his tongue and showed discipline in his retaliations.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Did you listen to the speech? Last night, his delivery was NOT a problem, although the fake-news lamestream media may present it as problematic.

The speech DID NOT refer to 2020 election denial. It was a temperate, well-presented speech with NO "TRASH TALK, and it laid out a clear America First agenda. In fact, it was far more "presidential" than many (or most) of his speeches in the past.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Did you listen to the speech? Last night, his delivery was NOT a problem, although the fake-news lamestream media may present it as problematic.

The speech DID NOT refer to 2020 election denial. It was a temperate, well-presented speech with NO "TRASH TALK, and it laid out a clear America First agenda. In fact, it was far more "presidential" than many (or most) of his speeches in the past.
I did not catch it live, bit did read the transcript. You and Greg are both right, it was the best speech he's ever given. Where was this 6 (or even 3) years ago? If he'd spent his presidency acting/speaking in this fashion we wouldn't have Biden!!

But still, the damage is done. I think he'll have an extremely difficult time winning back voters he's lost.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I'm not so sure anymore. His speech last night was pointed, solemn, direct and focused. No vicious attacks, no colorful language. Just facts and intent. I think last night was the best speech he's ever made, and if he follows this path, he'll dominate.

As for the drama, well, what would one expect from someone who has been the target of fake and manufactured attacks since the day he said he would run? I thought he'd held his tongue and showed discipline in his retaliations.
But his speech was low energy IMHO.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I did not catch it live, bit did read the transcript. You and Greg are both right, it was the best speech he's ever given. Where was this 6 (or even 3) years ago? If he'd spent his presidency acting/speaking in this fashion we wouldn't have Biden!!

But still, the damage is done. I think he'll have an extremely difficult time winning back voters he's lost.
Dear 9andaWiggle

I disagree, although I respect your opinion(s). I don't think he has "lost" that many voters, although the fake-news lamestream media will have (and want) you to believe that.

And why can't Trump attempt to change "direction" in his speeches, with less "trash talk" and more to the point with issues? Hasn't Sleepy Joe, in MANY instances, governed in ways that are COMPLETELY OPPOSITE to things he has said repeatedly in the past? And besides, hasn't Joe said things such, "I'd like to take (Trump) behind the woodshed and beat the crap out of him"?

We'll have to see what happens over the next two years, but I think Trump will be just fine, even though (as we know), he'll face numerous criticism (and even potential charges) from Democrats as time goes by.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear 9andaWiggle

I disagree, although I respect your opinion(s). I don't think he has "lost" that many voters, although the fake-news lamestream media will have (and want) you to believe that.

And why can't Trump attempt to change "direction" in his speeches, with less "trash talk" and more to the point with issues? Hasn't Sleepy Joe, in MANY instances, governed in ways that are COMPLETELY OPPOSITE to things he has said repeatedly in the past? And besides, hasn't Joe said things such, "I'd like to take (Trump) behind the woodshed and beat the crap out of him"?

We'll have to see what happens over the next two years, but I think Trump will be just fine, even though (as we know), he'll face numerous criticism (and even potential charges) from Democrats as time goes by.
One thing I believe is true. If there was a perfectly legitimate election held today, Trump would kick ass in a YUGE way!

REVerse °

Addicted Member
He seems to stay inside the perimeter while addressing the nation, yet becomes more animated during the pep rallies.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle

Even conservative media said his backing lost some elections.

It's about reading the room so to speak. Some areas of the country have tds and voted against his candidate.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... but the fake-news lamestream media doesn't emphasize that MANY Democrat candidates didn't want Biden anywhere near them! And that wasn't anywhere near the situation with regard to Trump and GOP candidates.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger

It's about reading the room so to speak. Some areas of the country have tds and voted against his candidate.
I'm not sure. He may have lost a few folks that were on the fence, but I doubt that a conservative who knows what democrats stand for would ever vote against another conservative simply because they were backed by Trump. If that were to happen, that voter wasn't a conservative at all.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I'm not sure. He may have lost a few folks that were on the fence, but I doubt that a conservative who knows what democrats stand for would ever vote against another conservative simply because they were backed by Trump. If that were to happen, that voter wasn't a conservative at all.
Dear Greg T:

I consider that a valid point.