State's attorney Lied

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
IM NOT SURE I HAVE EVER HEARD ANY POLICE IN ANY SITUATION TO HOLLAR FOR SOMEONE TO STOP RUNNING BEFORE THEY START RUNNING. OR DID I MISUNDERSTAND THE COMMENT FROM JLS?
Dear WAMO:

Although I didn't post anything in reply, I wondered the same thing (regarding JLS' comment).

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Don't worry, JLS doesn't understand what he says half the time.:Oo:

Depends what meds he forgot to take that day.;)

JLS

Don't worry, JLS doesn't understand what he says half the time.:Oo:

Depends what meds he forgot to take that day.;)

No num nuts....reading is a skill you lack...

What I said was...if the police tell you to stop...and you run...that is wrong....But in this case...the police did not tell Freddie TO STOP.....he just started to run...And then and only then did the police give chase...and make an unlawful arrest....NUM NUTS....

That's The DA's version...and she knows MORE THAN YOU OR ANY OF THE REST OF YOU ON THIS SITE ABOUT THE LAW...tHESE ARE NOT MY WORDS...BY HERS....NUM NUTS...

Now pull your head out of your ass...The DA of this district...filed charges,,,NOT JLS...

HOWEVER...UNLIKE MOST OF THE RACIST ON THIS SITE WHO DON'T GIVE A FUXXCK THAT A BLACK PERSON DIED...JLS DOES...AND SUPPORTS THE DA's CHARGES...

NUM NUTS...

now are we clear

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Why does the DA think the arrest was illegal? If the police have reasonable suspicion(which they did) and someone runs, that in and of itself is an arrestable offense, is it not?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
These charges are nothing more than crowd control. How they get out of them without another flare is going to be the trick.

JLS

Why does the DA think the arrest was illegal? If the police have reasonable suspicion(which they did) and someone runs, that in and of itself is an arrestable offense, is it not?
According to the DA....She said the fact that he ran only gave the police the right to ASK him why he was running...Not arrest him...Even in Mayberry...it is not against the law to run down the street...Unless you have been pre warned not to run....and in this case...He was not...

Robadat

That's just jls being jls, nobody understands him when he's ranting...
The arrest wasn't "illegal", in that every arrest is reviewed by prosecutors and if the prosecutor determines the arrest was "proper", they proceed with charging the arrestee with appropriate charges for the crime(s) the arrestee is alleged to have committed. If the prosecutor determines the arrest was not proper, they will void the arrest and release the arrestee if there are no other reasons to hold him.

Running from the cops is not an arrestable offense in and of itself, what it does is gives the cop a reasonable suspicion and allows them to stop and question you. Once a cop does stop you to question you, he is permitted to do a patdown to see if you have a concealed weapon for his own safety. The cops in Baltimore arrested Gray after having found the knife under the mistaken belief that the knife was illegal to carry.

The reasoning for the prosecutor saying the officers had no probable cause to arrest Gray was because the knife found wasn't illegal to carry. However, being on probation, the carrying of any weapon might be a violation of his probation.

Under normal conditions, all these things are sorted out once an arrestee gets to Central Booking, in Gray's case that didn't happen due to his tranfer to the hospital.

JLS

That's just jls being jls, nobody understands him when he's ranting...

The arrest wasn't "illegal", in that every arrest is reviewed by prosecutors and if the prosecutor determines the arrest was "proper", they proceed with charging the arrestee with appropriate charges for the crime(s) the arrestee is alleged to have committed. If the prosecutor determines the arrest was not proper, they will void the arrest and release the arrestee if there are no other reasons to hold him.

Running from the cops is not an arrestable offense in and of itself, what it does is gives the cop a reasonable suspicion and allows them to stop and question you. Once a cop does stop you to question you, he is permitted to do a patdown to see if you have a concealed weapon for his own safety. The cops in Baltimore arrested Gray after having found the knife under the mistaken belief that the knife was illegal to carry.

The reasoning for the prosecutor saying the officers had no probable cause to arrest Gray was because the knife found wasn't illegal to carry. However, being on probation, the carrying of any weapon might be a violation of his probation.

Under normal conditions, all these things are sorted out once an arrestee gets to Central Booking, in Gray's case that didn't happen due to his tranfer to the hospital.
Rob....This is pretty much what I have been saying....Now if the arrest was proper...then no charges would have been filed...But I do believe several were charged with an unlawful arrest...Which means...it was illegal...

Actually Rob and Greg....The DA said they had the right to question him...But they had no right to arrest him...Since the pocket knife was just that...a pocket knife...not a switch blade...

She addressed this topic at her news conference...She clearly said that after making eye contact...Freddie Gray run...And the police had the right to go after him and ask...why are you running...But when the police caught him...they arrested him...And they had no probably cause...and then after they arrested him, they found the knife...and called it a switchblade...But the knife was nothing more than a pocket knife....

"Running from the cops is not an arrestable offense in and of itself, what it does is gives the cop a reasonable suspicion and allows them to stop and question you." <<<<<REALLY ROB...

Again...this is exactly what I said the DA stated...

There is no one ranting here....Just pointing out the facts...THE DA FELT A CRIME WAS COMMITTED...AND SHE FILED CHARGES...

The problem here is....most of you on this site are anti black...and even when the police are caught red
handed...you all choose to look away...

Maybe most of you have not notice the support nationwide for justice for Freddie Gray...

But then again....it's probably very hard for most of you to notice...SINCE MOST OF YOU HAVE YOUR HEADS STUCK UP THEIR BUTTS...

NOW AS USUAL....

you all beat all...

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Rob....This is pretty much what I have been saying....Now if the arrest was proper...then no charges would have been filed...But I do believe several were charged with an unlawful arrest...Which means...it was illegal
Dear JLS:

What? Because several were CHARGED with an unlawful arrest, that means it WAS illegal? The charge POSITIVELY indicates ILLEGALITY???

JLS

Dear JLS:

What? Because several were CHARGED with an unlawful arrest, that means it WAS illegal? The charge POSITIVELY indicates ILLEGALITY???

Sir...It means the police had no probable cause to arrest Freddie Gray...

According to the DA....

If you disagree....please take it up with her...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear JLS:

But YOU said, and I quote ... "several were charged with an unlawful arrest...Which means...it was illegal..."

Again, because several were CHARGED with an unlawful arrest, does that DEFINITELY mean IT WAS ILLEGAL?

JLS

Been a jls fan ever since he called out Ron Hickland on BR. That was epic. <<<<

Besides, he helped me on ball selection and layout.

>>>I can overlook his political views- as humor.

Now...

>>>Are we clear???

Sir...you mean when he claimed the Big One with a 500 sanded cover would go as long as the One with a highly polished cover...

And the pba regional west coast player of the year couldn't get the ball thru the heads until he POLISHED IT...

JLS

Dear JLS:

But YOU said, and I quote ... "several were charged with an unlawful arrest...Which means...it was illegal..."

Again, because several were CHARGED with an unlawful arrest, does that DEFINITELY mean IT WAS ILLEGAL?

I don't know....To me it sounds like it was....Otherwise...why would the DA charge them...

Usually if someone does something that is LEGAL....there is a good chance they don't get charged...

Now since the DA., .who I think went to Harvard...charged the police...She must think they did something illegal...

Now if you have any more questions... I would suggest you ask Greg or Rob...Cause they know everything
about the LAW... I"M SHOCKED THIS DA DID NOT CONSULT WITH THEM FIRST...

Djarum300

Addicted Member
https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/98-1036.ZO.html

Interesting read. So, apparently, when confronted by cops, it is legal to go about one's business and ignore them. Running, unprovoked, is enough for reasonable suspicion.

" Such a holding is entirely consistent with our decision in Florida v. Royer, 460 U.S. 491 (1983), where we held that when an officer, without reasonable suspicion or probable cause, approaches an individual, the individual has a right to ignore the police and go about his business. Id., at 498. And any “refusal to cooperate, without more, does not furnish the minimal level of objective justification needed for a detention or seizure.” Florida v. Bostick,
501 U.S. 429, 437 (1991). But unprovoked flight is simply not a mere refusal to cooperate. Flight, by its very nature, is not “going about one’s business”; in fact, it is just the opposite. Allowing officers confronted with such flight to stop the fugitive and investigate further is quite consistent with the individual’s right to go about his business
or to stay put and remain silent in the face of police
questioning."

JLS

Dear JLS:

Sir....here is a link listed all the charges filed by the DA...
http://www.breakingnews.com/item/2015/05/01/photo-a-list-of-the-charges-filed-against-6-balti/

read it...
You will notice...where she says the arrest was ILLEGAL...

Now Rob and Greg...like to make it sound like JLS made that up...BUT IT'S ALL THERE IN THE LINK...
WHAT THE DA SAID...