Streaming/TV

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Anyone watching TV or streaming that hasn't gone woke?
I watch a lot of TV because my body will not allow me to do much else. I gotta tell ya, I'm extremely sick and tired of hearing COVID in every TV show, watching idiots walking around in masks and trying to understand dialog that sounds like MMRRFF DFRUUT FDDRUOI NNGFC RFTYJUJH. And to top it all off now, EVERY fucking show has to have their token queer, or queer couple. I'm going to back to watching Star Trek, TNG and Voyager.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I honestly dont care about the token trans or.LGBTQ in a show as long as they aren't telling me their plight or how to treat them. But that's not the case. If I want to watch the struggles of these people, I'll watch those shows.

Sitting here watching the new Macgyver, wtf does trans or non binary issues have to do with the show?

Watching the new Hawk and winter soldier show, what does "supremesists" have to do with anything.

Keep in mind Greg, for it's day and time star trek addresses those issues as well. They were done more tastefully and not in your face. Gay aliens and shit.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I honestly dont care about the token trans or.LGBTQ in a show as long as they aren't telling me their plight or how to treat them. But that's not the case. If I want to watch the struggles of these people, I'll watch those shows.

Sitting here watching the new Macgyver, wtf does trans or non binary issues have to do with the show?

Watching the new Hawk and winter soldier show, what does "supremesists" have to do with anything.

Keep in mind Greg, for it's day and time star trek addresses those issues as well. They were done more tastefully and not in your face. Gay aliens and shit.
Absolutely. Rodenberry was about as left as left could get. BUT, they worked the stuff into the stories as a tool to explain that other people have their own cultures, thoughts, ideas, etc. Not as an indoctrination attempt. As an example, the bridge crew was about as diverse as it could get. Yet, anytime there was a bit of racism or bigotry displayed, Kirk would nip it in the bud and go about his business. It wasn't the main plot and we weren't told that one side or the other was wrong.

I'm purposely watching the Conners this year (while puking) just to see how far they go. It is totally absurd. I've watched about 4 new series beginning in the last couple of weeks and all I saw was COVID and queers. Desensitization is the key, now. Keep throwing it at us until it's the norm.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BUT TIMES HAVE CHANGED. BACK IN THE DAY, TV SENSORS WOULDNT ALLOW SUCH THINGS. THINGS ARE MORE OPEN AND IN YOUR FACE NOW. JUST AS WE GROW OLDER, LIFE CHANGES AROUND US.

AS FAR AS THE SHOWS GO, MAYBE A WRITER OR ACTOR OR A PRODUCTION MEMEBER HAD SOMEONE CLOSE TO THEM PASS AWAY FROM COVID OR COMPLICATIONS THERE OF. SO THEY DECIDED TO ADD THAT INTO THE SHOWS TO SHOW SUPPORT TO FAMILY MEMEBERS OR FRIENDS. TV HAS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS. SOME GOOD CHANGES AND SOME BAD CHANGES, BUT THINGS CHANGE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
BUT TIMES HAVE CHANGED. BACK IN THE DAY, TV SENSORS WOULDNT ALLOW SUCH THINGS. THINGS ARE MORE OPEN AND IN YOUR FACE NOW. JUST AS WE GROW OLDER, LIFE CHANGES AROUND US.

AS FAR AS THE SHOWS GO, MAYBE A WRITER OR ACTOR OR A PRODUCTION MEMEBER HAD SOMEONE CLOSE TO THEM PASS AWAY FROM COVID OR COMPLICATIONS THERE OF. SO THEY DECIDED TO ADD THAT INTO THE SHOWS TO SHOW SUPPORT TO FAMILY MEMEBERS OR FRIENDS. TV HAS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS. SOME GOOD CHANGES AND SOME BAD CHANGES, BUT THINGS CHANGE.
Are they really? I don't think so. Can you imagine how long a show like All in the Family would last today? I mean, they took away the Dukes of Hazzard because of a fucking car, and childrens books because.............. WTF knows? Our censors are extremely tight compared to days gone by, unless it comes to blood, guts and certain language.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Spoiler alert for Falcon and winter soldier.

Sitting there through episode 5 of falcon and winter soldier......

Was ok through the end of ep 2. On episode 5 and the whole racist peddling white supremacy argument falls apart just by the coexistance of A white super soldier and and a black dude flying around in jet pack with wings.

Old black man tells falcon how could he, a black man today be captain america.

Yet he's working with a white people in the show that have no issue with him being black ( really never mentioned).

So do people really care that he's black?

Can't peddle white people racist and him working with white people.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
2 GUYS KISSING IN FRONT OF ARCHIE BACK IN THE DAY, NEVER HAPPEN. BUT ITS ALL OVER TV TODAY.

DUKES LOST OUT BECAUSE THE STARS WANTED MORE MONEY.

TODAYS CENSORS ARE NOT TIGHT AT ALL, JUST MORE POLITICALY CORRECT AND ADJUSTED TO THE TIMES.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
2 GUYS KISSING IN FRONT OF ARCHIE BACK IN THE DAY, NEVER HAPPEN. BUT ITS ALL OVER TV TODAY.

DUKES LOST OUT BECAUSE THE STARS WANTED MORE MONEY.

TODAYS CENSORS ARE NOT TIGHT AT ALL, JUST MORE POLITICALY CORRECT AND ADJUSTED TO THE TIMES.
I don't care about about that. What I do care about is a TV show telling me how I'm supposed to think about those things.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I don't care about about that. What I do care about is a TV show telling me how I'm supposed to think about those things.
Exactly! And that's what happened to the Conners after they fired Rosanne. A good portion of Netflix is now left wing propaganda. I dropped them as soon as they announced the Bam Bams were producing some shit, supposedly educating our young, or some garbage. I'll take stand and say about 80% or ore of the programming on the major networks is left wing propaganda. Queers, covid and climate change is all we hear.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOW THAT MAKES MORE SENSE DJ. BUT CENSORS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DIRECTION A TV SHOW TAKES.

AND LIKE G SAID, IF THERE IS CONTENT THAT SOMEONE DOESNT LIKE, STOP WATCHING. TO BE HONEST, THE SHOWS I WATCH, IF SOMETHING HAPPENES OR COMES ON THAT I DONT LIKE, I JUST STOP LISTENING. IF I HAVE A SHOW I LIKE AND THE SHOW HAS A NIGHT THEY ARE SHOWING SOMETHING I DONT CARE FOR, I SKIP THAT NIGHT.

Scolai

I have a bunch of shows that I watch that generally avoid all of the progressive bullshit that pollutes TV these days. I work during the day and train in the evenings on MWF. On Tuesday, I watch The Curse of Oak Island. On Thursday, I watch Beat Bobby Flay. Weekends I watch sports (golf, racing, bowling). There are occasional mentions of some of the bullshit going on these days, but there's not a constant stream of in-your-face gayness, racial justice, or COVID.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I WATCH CURSE OF OAK ISLAND ALSO. I THINK ITS A COOL SHOW. LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE GETTING TO THE TREASURE PRETTY SOON! ALSO WATCH RACING AND BOWLING. TODAYS SHOW, NO MASKS!