Target Sues Man Who Saved Girl

MI2AZ

The family of Allison Meadows says that Michael Turner is a hero for saving their daughter from a crazed knifeman in a Target store—and that the chain definitely shouldn't be suing him. Turner was among a group of men who tackled Leon Walls in a Target in Pittsburgh's East Liberty neighborhood in 2013 after the mentally ill homeless man grabbed the 16-year-old and stabbed her. Target, however, blames Turner for the incident, alleging that it wouldn't have happened if Turner and his friends hadn't chased Walls into the store after an incident outside, News Channel 9 reports. He was named as a defendant in a lawsuit the chain filed after Meadow's family filed a suit of its own, accusing Target of not providing enough security.

In a 2015 interview with KDKA, Turner said that after Walls attacked his friend for no reason, he and three other men discovered he had entered the nearby Target. They went in to hold him until police arrived, but Walls grabbed the girl when they confronted him. Last year, Walls was sentenced to up to 20 years in prison by a judge who criticized Target for suing Turner, CBS Pittsburgh reports. Judge Donna Jo McDaniel said she considers Turner and his friends heroes who saved the girl's life, and she thinks Target is suing to make the Meadows family back down. The trial in the Turner lawsuit begins Monday, and the Meadows family, who WTAE notes had been visiting from Tennessee when Allison was attacked, plan to return to Pittsburgh to attend.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
You ever notice that you will never see the red kettle at a target store at Christmas time. They won't allow it.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I'm good with that. If I want to donate I'll mail a check.
Ooh, RANT ON!! :mad:

I also dislike stores that allow kids to peddle crap for school, scouts, etc. Or anyone peddling anything really. I'm going to the store to purchase things I want/need, not be harrassed and heckled for hand outs.

BTW, In the odd instance I find myself in a mall, those bastards in the kiosks annoy the shit out of me too.

Oh yeah... don't come to my house pushing bibles either. And my biggest peeve are schools sending kids out to sell magazine subscriptions to fund classroom activities. I pay taxes (a healthy amount too) for that shit already. I ain't giving no fucking more, especially since they can afford $70 million for a damn HS football stadium. If they have the cash for that, they can sure as hell afford the classroon supplies they should already be providing. Assholes.

OK, now that I've got THAT rant out of my system... I need to go down to the barn and relax! :Laugh:

radioactive

Ooh, RANT ON!! :mad:

I also dislike stores that allow kids to peddle crap for school, scouts, etc. Or anyone peddling anything really. I'm going to the store to purchase things I want/need, not be harrassed and heckled for hand outs.

BTW, In the odd instance I find myself in a mall, those bastards in the kiosks annoy the shit out of me too.

Oh yeah... don't come to my house pushing bibles either. And my biggest peeve are schools sending kids out to sell magazine subscriptions to fund classroom activities. I pay taxes (a healthy amount too) for that shit already. I ain't giving no fucking more, especially since they can afford $70 million for a damn HS football stadium. If they have the cash for that, they can sure as hell afford the classroon supplies they should already be providing. Assholes.

OK, now that I've got THAT rant out of my system... I need to go down to the barn and relax! :Laugh:

Damn 9 tell us how you really feel!!!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Damn 9 tell us how you really feel!!!
I didn't even mention the "homeless" begging at intersections, telemarketers, televangelists, or those commercials on TV talking about providing clean drinking water to Africa. Maybe you take care of Flint, MI first? :mad:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
RIGHT ON DJ AND 9! I WALKED INTO A LOWES LAST WEEK AND THERE WERE KIDS SELLING GIRLSCOUT COOKIES. AS I EXITED AT THE OTHER DOOR, PEE WEE FOOTBALL TEAM SELLING RAFFLE TICKETS. :Mad: