The biggest indication yet that Trump is running in 2024

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
In an interview with Newsmax, Trump’s former chief of staff, Mark Meadows, revealed that Trump is “moving forward” with a 2024 presidential run in a “real way.” What exactly does that mean? According to Meadows, Trump met with “cabinet members” at his Trump National Golf Club in New Jersey Friday evening to discuss his future politics.

Meadows said: “We met with some of our Cabinet members tonight. […] We’re looking at what does come next. I’m not authorized to speak on behalf of the president. But, I can tell you this: We wouldn’t be meeting tonight if we weren’t making plans to move forward in a real way, with President Trump at the head of that ticket.”

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I honestly don't want him running. I'd rather have deSantis.
Dear Djarum300:

The Florida governor will almost certainly have to "wait his turn" until 2028, because if Trump opts to run in 2024, there's no way to keep him off the ballot.

Scolai

I thought you were going to mention the fact that I've gotten 50 emails from the Trump campaign in the last month or so. ;)

No one sends out so many emails without intent to run for office.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
If Trump runs again I think increases the chances of the Dem opponent winning. He's just such a damn mess, people can't stomach the chaos. If he would have stuck to plan/policy without the side-shit-show drama I think he'd have been easily re-elected. As it is, he's damaged goods. Repubs would be wise to put someone else forward. My opinion.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
If Trump runs again I think increases the chances of the Dem opponent winning. He's just such a damn mess, people can't stomach the chaos. If he would have stuck to plan/policy without the side-shit-show drama I think he'd have been easily re-elected. As it is, he's damaged goods. Repubs would be wise to put someone else forward. My opinion.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Thanks for sharing your opinion, and whereas I'd really like to see DeSantis in the White House, there is no way that Trump -- if he seeks the nomination, which almost certainly will happen -- will be denied being head of the GOP ticket in 2024. So despite your hopes with regard to the matter, an alternative to Trump is not in the cards, barring unforeseen happenstances.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
My thoughts exactly. No worry about mean tweets. And who's been in the news? I think younger voters gravitate more toward Desantis than Trump.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Thanks for sharing your opinion, and whereas I'd really like to see DeSantis in the White House, there is no way that Trump -- if he seeks the nomination, which almost certainly will happen -- will be denied being head of the GOP ticket in 2024. So despite your hopes with regard to the matter, an alternative to Trump is not in the cards, barring unforeseen happenstances.
Sure about that? The GOP could Bernie him.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Trump can't get a cabinet which undermined his entire presidency. I think Desantis could do better.
Dear Djarum300:

It's not really a question of who would/could do better -- and in my opinion, DeSantis would/could possibly do better ... BUT if Trump wants the nomination, he'll get it. But if he was somehow denied (or flim-flamed out of) the nomination, the GOP would necessarily be so fractured that the odds against 2024 victory would be extremely minimal.