The WAY I SEE IT.... (Input Needed)

AB-Admin

Douche Police
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
Looking for ideas, here. The way I see it we can keep the current open forum the way it is and have about 2 or 3 of us posting... OR, I can disallow all political and religious posts and have maybe 3 or 4 of us posting. OR, there's a possibility that we can give politics and religion their own forum and keep this one for just random topics....and have maybe 3 or 4 posters. Thoughts?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I'd rather see a separate section for politics/religion than an outright ban on it. Simply because those who enjoy debating those topics should be able to have a space to do so even if others don't.

The trick is making sure any bitterness between users doesn't overflow into non-political/religious sections and threads.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
To me, it's a clear decision ... TO KEEP THINGS THE WAY IT IS ... and here's why ....

Even though other AB sections are available, they are hardly drawing any attention. And even though limited, the "Off Ramp" is the only section maintaining activity. For example, although once thriving, take a look at how long it has been since ANY activity in the following sections ...

* Bruce Is Funny (Sept. 22)

* Bowler's Lounge (Oct. 27)
* Tournaments (2016)

* Sports Talk (Oct. 25)

Therefore, splitting things up isn't likely to accomplish anything positive.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Here's the deal. It's an election year. We have a pandemic. Sports ratings are down. Water-cooler talk is always dominated by the current news cycle. No way out of it.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
It won't make a difference.
Most people will not put up with the bickering that goes on here, just like WAMO he had enough and puff GONE!!!!

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Ok I have reached out to a few former members who used to post here and I got answer's to why they're not here anymore, and no I will not name them but I will tell you they used to POST A LOT in the past.

1. Way to many conspiracy theories posted as fact, which I agree with.

2. The quality of debate is lacking, in other word its always one way and people will not bother to see the other side.

3. Some post they didn't feel comfortable with and the moderator was in on it, this is not the first time I heard this one.
And Greg, I'm not singling you out just posting what I was told. I know this puts you in a tight spot trying to be both a moderator and a contributor.

4. Basically they feel they didn't fit in with some of the users on this site. Not feeling welcomed.

That's just some of the responses I received. It is what it is.

AB-Admin

Douche Police
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
Ok I have reached out to a few former members who used to post here and I got answer's to why they're not here anymore, and no I will not name them but I will tell you they used to POST A LOT in the past.

1. Way to many conspiracy theories posted as fact, which I agree with.

2. The quality of debate is lacking, in other word its always one way and people will not bother to see the other side.

3. Some post they didn't feel comfortable with and the moderator was in on it, this is not the first time I heard this one.
And Greg, I'm not singling you out just posting what I was told. I know this puts you in a tight spot trying to be both a moderator and a contributor.

4. Basically they feel they didn't fit in with some of the users on this site. Not feeling welcomed.

That's just some of the responses I received. It is what it is.
ok, I can chime in on this.
1. I have not seen conspiracy theories posted without support links. And, in the rare case of spewing garbage, everyone is welcome to rebutt. That is discussion/debate.

2. Lack of quality debate is as much their fault as it is anyone elses. Again, they can engage as much as they desire.

3. I dont quite understand this one. If someone is not "comfortable" with a topic they are not forced to engage. As far as Greg being involved, it is why there are two distinct accounts. This account and Greg T accounts are separate. When posting as Greg I am an AB member just like any other. Agree, disagree, whatever. I do not expect nor desire special treatment.
At this time, AB Admin is the only person keeping this place going. Sometimes I wonder if its worth the effort. People dont realize what it takes to keep the spammers and data pirates out, and trying to be completely fair with everyone.

4. The only people who were not welcome on this forum were severely warned multiple times before being reprimanded. The repeat offenders have been eliminated and everyone else is more than welcome to participate. I am one dude. There are no multiple staff members to discuss or vote on things.
What I question about the answers you received is the fact that all those members had no issues with hanging on to the clusterfuck that was BR. Rather disingenuous, I would think.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
What I question about the answers you received is the fact that all those members had no issues with hanging on to the clusterfuck that was BR. Rather disingenuous, I would think.
Dear sevenpin63 and AB-Admin:

Everyone familiar with the situation(s) should conclude that this forum is far more "civil" (and less objectionable) than the BR Miscellaneous Forum.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear sevenpin63 and AB-Admin:

Everyone familiar with the situation(s) should conclude that this forum is far more "civil" (and less objectionable) than the BR Miscellaneous Forum.
But apparently, they liked the shithole that was BR much better. Hundreds of people hung around there. Now that I've got this one cleaned up and civil they decide it's no good and I'm the cause. I'm about ready to chuck it in. I've done everything I can to keep this thing going and keep it open with as little moderation as possible. I don't need to be here.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
But apparently, they liked the shithole that was BR much better. Hundreds of people hung around there. Now that I've got this one cleaned up and civil they decide it's no good and I'm the cause. I'm about ready to chuck it in. I've done everything I can to keep this thing going and keep it open with as little moderation as possible. I don't need to be here.
Dear Greg T:

I certainly understand your frustration, and it's sad that this forum is likely headed to extinction, just as so many other Internet sites that began as bowling discussion forums are gone.

It's hard to believe that people would prefer forums with poor moderators who allowed their sites to become "cesspools" of vile personal attacks, profanity and poor taste. Whether or not this forum continues, you have done your best to keep things as civil as possible, and you should be strongly commended for that. And anyone who blames you (all or in part) for the demise from the "glory days" of this forum have no idea what they're talking about.

The sport of bowling has endured a downhill slide since around 1980, and everything connected with the game -- except for such things as cosmic bowling and birthday parties -- isn't what it used to be.

Regardless of what the future may hold, you can hold your head high in the knowledge that you did your utmost best to administer -- and attempt to keep alive -- a forum that isn't perfect, but one that's far from the disasters that doomed other such sites.

A heartfelt thanks for all you've done!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Thanx for the kind words, AW. I HAVE done my best to make the forum more appealing and grow the membership. Maybe someone else can accomplish what I couldn't.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Thanx for the kind words, AW. I HAVE done my best to make the forum more appealing and grow the membership. Maybe someone else can accomplish what I couldn't.
Dear Greg T:

All you can do is try to do your best, and I sincerely doubt that anyone could do better.

bbfreeburn

I would be amazed if anyone new did more than a quick look in here and left. After all, who wants to watch a bunch of right wingers sit around congratulating each other on their “original” thoughts?

AB-Admin

Douche Police
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
I would be amazed if anyone new did more than a quick look in here and left. After all, who wants to watch a bunch of right wingers sit around congratulating each other on their “original” thoughts?
You're probably right, Bob. We may as well shut her down. It's not worth my time to keep tending a place that nobody wants. Thanx for the input. Kinda makes me wonder why you're still here, tho.