They've lost their mind....

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Had a "run in" with an off duty deputy sheriff in civilian clothes many years ago on the college campus who was a student as well. The parking lot was full that day and I got to the last parking space just before him. He claims I cut him off and the space should be his. I refused to debate him over something so trivial and told him I had to go to class. He asked for my license and registration and I would not comply. The jerk got my VIN and plate info, called my dad's house and told him to bring me in or I would be arrested (on some trumped up charge.) Scared the heck out of my dad. I was recently married and my new wife along with my dad took me to "turn myself in" at the local jail. I was read my rights and arrested on the spot. (all over a parking space mind you) I refused to answer his questions and that made him even more furious. Then he turned to my dad and insulted him. Next, he insulted my wife. Called her some vile names. I was ready to explode- but held it in. He took me to the DA (who was also crooked) and they both attempted to intimidate me. I refused to speak. The DA threatened me with jail. I asked for my attorney. They released me about 30 minutes later and the resisting arrest charge was dropped. I was ticketed for "unsafe movement." My dad was worried the deputy would keep harassing me and encouraged me to pay the fine and let it go. My attorney never got involved.

I am a white dude, BTW.

About a year later that same deputy was fired for misconduct and the DA was also being invested on corruption charges.

I feel very sorry for the families that have been treated unfairly by police. Crooked cops do exist and should be weeded out and punished.

I can't get the image out of my mind of that cop that did the choke hold move on that fellow selling illegal cigarettes. That was just wrong.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I AGREE THAT THERE ARE SOME BAD POLICE. JUST LIKE THERE ARE BAD TEACHERS, DR'S, LAWYERS, CARPENTERS, ETC... BUT WEEDING THEM OUT IS IMPOSSIBLE. ITS NOT LIKE THERE ARE 100' OF THOUSANDS OF FOLKS LINED UP TO DO THAT JOB. SOMETIMES YOU JUST TAKE THE BEST OF WHAT IS OFFERED. I STILL SAY THAT THE POLICE DO MORE GOOD THAN BAD. FOR THOSE THAT HOLLAR ABOUT POLICE BIAS, NEXT TIME SOMEONES WIFE GETS MUGGED, OR ROBBED AT GUNPOINT OR ANY OTHER VIOLENT CRIME, AND ITS A BLACK PERSON, IF YOUR AFRAID THE POLICE MIGHT OVERREACT, JUST DONT CALL THEM.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND REVERSE, HEARD YOU ON THAT. I HAVE HAD MY SHARE OF RUN INS WITH THE POLICE, BUT ITS BECAUSE IM AN IDIOT.