Tourists Pluck, Kill 2 Peacocks For Selfies

MI2AZ

Two birds died at Yunnan Zoo after visitors picked them up forcefully to pose for photos and plucked out their feathers.
The “violent behaviour” of Chinese tourists has led to the death of two peacocks at a city zoo, mainland media reports.

The two birds are believed to have died from shock after visitors picked them up to pose with them in photographs and plucked out their feathers at Yunnan Zoo – also known as Yunnan Wild Animal Park – in Kunming, the capital city of Yunnan province, the newspaper WCC Daily reported on Sunday.

Good Times Good Times

What this "value" of pictures is that seems to motivate these type of inhumane people to engage in inhumane acts is......is beyond me.

What makes someone think I would give a fuck about their photos?

I just think, at the moment they're like, "Hey, I'm gonna pick this animal up and ____", I guess what I'm saying is I don't understand this alleged human nature that occurs at that moment..........because I don't feel that desire to do things like hold a bird at the zoo or hold up a dolphin out of the water etc.

Does that make sense to anyone?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Probably the same morons that follow the Kardashians...

No, I don't get it either. But I admit, I've always been an odd one... I've never understood "fads", why people get so worked up over football (and their strong psychological association with "their" team), why selling alcohol on Sunday is not allowed but it's apparently OK to drink Saturday's leftovers, or why liberals claim to hate guns yet every TV show or movie (often made/acted in by very wealthy liberals) all have people running around with guns drawn blasting people to bits sensationalizing gun violence - but show one female nipple and everyone loses their shit. Yes, there are a lot of things about humans that don't make much sense to me.

livespive

Well to me selfies are no different than getting you picture taken, but easier.....
But I don't like getting my picture taken either. I do admit the extreme that has been going on here as of late with the animals
does strike me as odd.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
The occasional selfie, or selfies with friends/family I get. I don't get the obsession with social media and the lengths some (many?) people go to with it. I definitely don't get mob mentality when it comes to stupid stuff like passing around a dying animal for photo ops, or rioting in your own neighborhoods after an injustice or a football game loss (or victory). I'd understand rioting if they ever did it in the neighborhoods of who pissed them off or who beat them in the game (although doing so over a game is for the braindead too) but tearing up your own backyard? Yeah, that'll teach 'em. lol

Good Times Good Times

The occasional selfie, or selfies with friends/family I get. I don't get the obsession with social media and the lengths some (many?) people go to with it. I definitely don't get mob mentality when it comes to stupid stuff like passing around a dying animal for photo ops, or rioting in your own neighborhoods after an injustice or a football game loss (or victory).
100% Agree