Trivial things that set you off

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
We all have them, I think. Trivial things that when they come up, really set us off more than they should. What are they for you?

For me, stoplights that change just in time (where I can't even run through the orange to make it) and hold me hostage for the full light cycle.

Being interrupted while I'm fully involved/focused on a project is another. It's hard for me to pull focus from what I'm doing without being totally pissed about the distraction.

Robadat

There ain't enough room on the page...but here's a few...
1 - People that already know the answer to the questions they ask you because "they" told them so...WTF is "they" and how do "they" know? Truthfully, "they" don't know jackshit about anything...
2 - People who speed up just to not allow you to move into a lane when you put your directional on...
3 - Speed bumps, I really can't afford to have suspension work done on my car every few months because the co-op keeps putting those things everywhere...I hit six of them every morning just leaving for work and five coming home...thankfully, they pick them up during the winter in preparation of snow plowing.

MI2AZ

People who are too lazy or stupid to use turn signals.

That's mine, too. Around here they wait until the light turns green to turn their left turn signal on. Like they just realized they needed to turn left there. If drivers behind them knew soon enough, they could have entered another lane. Or they will slow down almost to a stop before the turn signal comes on to turn right. And then there's the ones who speed up to pass you and cut in front of you to make a sudden right turn.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HIGHWAY SPEEDS BACK UP TO 70 AROUND TOWN AGAIN. LEFT LANE FOR PASSING ONLY, RIGHT. FOLKS IN LEFT LANE DOING 60. WTF!
THIS HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY: BIG INTERSECTION. 3 LANES ALL THE WAY AROUND. THERE IS EVEN 2 TURN LANES TO ALLOW MORE CARS TO TURN LEFT AT THE LIGHTS TO HELP TRAFFIC SNARL. BUT, AT THE LIGHTS THEY HAVE SIGNS, "TURN ONLY". ALL THE FAR RIGHT LANES HAVE SIGNALS TO TELL YOU WHEN YOU CAN TURN. AS THE LEFT TURN SIGNALS COME ON, THE RIGHT TURN LANES SIGNALS COME ON ALSO. IM TURNING RIGHT, ON A GREEN LIGHT, JACKASS IN LEFT LANE DOES A U TURN AND LAYS ON HIS HORN. I HAD TO ROLL OVER THE CURB TO AVOID HIM HITTING ME. I GOT BEHIND HIM AND TURNED ON MY LED LIGHT MOUNTED TO MY PUSHBAR. HE PULLED INTO A PARKING LOT, GOT OUT, SLAMED HIS DOOR AND ASKED WHAT THE FUCK I WAS DOING. HE UNDERESTIMATED MY SIZE UNTIL I GOT OUT OF MY TRUCK AND HE KIND OF CHANGED HIS TONE. I JUST TOLD HIM HE WAS IN A LEFT TURN LANE ONLY AND HE CANT U TURN. HIS REPLY WAS, IT DOESNT SAY NO U TURN. MY REPLY WAS, "ONLY" DOES NOT MEAN TURN HOWEVER YOU FELL LIKE AT THAT MOMENT. I ASKED HIM IF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN OK TO TURN RIGHT FROM THERE AND HE SAID, WELL, ITS LEFT TURN ONLY. I THINK AT THAT POINT IT FINALLY HIT HIM. DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!
AND FOLKS SPEEDING THRU SCHOOL ZONES. THAT REALLY CHAPS MY ASS.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I like holiday music ... BUT I don't like to be inundated with a barrage of cold-weather songs -- "Let It Snow", "Winter Wonderland", "Jingle Bells" -- down here in Florida, starting even before Thanksgiving Day.

Scolai

Most of mine involve driving:
- Idiots who use their phone while driving. Few things give me the desire to rip someone's lungs out like the asshole who is weaving all over the highway because he decided to check Facebook at 70 mph. :mad:
- Anyone who doesn't drive the speed limit. In town, the limit is usually 35. That dipshit who is doing 25 in a 35 needs to be beaten with a speed limit sign.
- Tailgaters - I had an experience with this a few weeks ago. Someone didn't know how close he was to dying. See the story in the thread I'll start in a few minutes. Nevertheless, people who ride my ass make me want to do unpleasant things to them.
- Repetitive noises - clicking pens or tapping pencils on a table drive me nuts. My students learn early that engaging in such behaviors is hazardous to their sense of well being.
- And Oh. My. Fucking. God - when technology doesn't work as it's supposed to. I've wanted to spike a wide variety of tablets and laptops that just decided that they were not going to work as they are designed. Let any mechanical object decide that it's done working, and I'm in a mind-blowing rage.

Last edited:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
- And Oh. My. Fucking. God - when technology doesn't work as it's supposed to. I've wanted to spike a wide variety of tablets and laptops that just decided that they were not going to work as they are designed. Let any mechanical object decide that it's done working, and I'm in a mind-blowing rage.
How could I forget this one! I'm totally with you on this!