Trump Judge Nominee Fails

Good Times Good Times

https://twitter.com/SenWhitehouse/status/941484131757838337

MUST WATCH: Republican @SenJohnKennedy asks one of @realDonaldTrump’s US District Judge nominees basic questions of law & he can’t answer a single one. Hoo-boy.

Supposedly the district judges could be one influential thing that fucks us all with Trump. This guy has zero clue and is a nominee for a permanent position.

God, this is hard to watch.

"Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) made the most of his five minutes of questioning Thursday during a Senate Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing for President Trump's judicial nominees — much to the detriment of Matthew Spencer Petersen, a nominee for the U.S. District Court judgeship for the District of Columbia.

Kennedy's first question seemed pretty innocuous: "Have any of you not tried a case to verdict in a courtroom?" Petersen was the only one of the five nominees to raise his hand, thus inviting 10 seconds of brutal, rapid-fire questioning from Kennedy, as the Louisiana senator confirmed that Petersen had not tried a case in any of the following instances: a jury trial, a civil trial, a criminal trial, a bench trial, a state court, or a federal court.

After pleading his ignorance toward several legal terms, Petersen gave a rambling non-answer about his litigation experience in response to a question from Kennedy about his familiarity with "a motion in limine," which is a request made to exclude certain evidence from a trial. The motions are filed without a jury present and are decided by judges. "Just for the record, do you know what a motion in limine is?" Kennedy asked again. Petersen replied, "I would probably not be able to give you a good definition right here at the table."

If confirmed, Petersen would be charged with trying federal and civil cases in the District of Columbia's federal court, as well as evaluating issues of legality in proceedings. Watch him squirm under Kennedy's relentless questioning — if you can do so without cringing."

Good Times Good Times

Dear GTGT:

I'm not going to watch the video
You really should....he was questioned on his lack of experience in a courtroom at any level and expressed unfamiliarity of the definitions of "basic legal terms." He also testified that he has never tried a bench trial, never tried a jury trial, never argued a motion, and never taken a deposition by himself.

Yet, he was nominated. I'm not saying he's an idiot.......not at all, I'm saying he isn't qualified for this particular position and I do wonder how he got to nomination.

toolguru

Total Tool
Well, what the hell you you expect from the moron who complains about fake news but wants the CDC to communicate in Orwellian style newspeak. Alex, I'd like Fetus for a $1000