TRUMP VS THE NFL ON DISRESPECT

livespive

Flow of the game :p

One comment on disrupting the flow... by itself, true, it doesn't. But I'll be damned if I can find any reporting on the actual games without digging for them. Almost every front page sports article today is about who is on their knees, and for once that story isn't in TMZ referring to the kardashians. It's annoying the shit out of me to the point I'm turning off the tv / internet and doing something else so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

I mean, for fuck sake even Dale Jr. felt the need to weigh in... all that fucker should be concerning himself with right now is how he's gonna manage learning to make right hand turns when heading to the store after he retires at the end of the year.

OK, another thought... I've heard people are tuning out and not watching NFL over this. If true, ratings must be hurting. NASCAR ratings have been in the shitter for a while. Is this all a ploy by the major media networks to drive down the price of sports (NFL) programming rights packages by pissing off viewers, dropping the ratings so they can negotiate (or renegotiate) those tv contracts to more favorable pricing? Or is it bigger - they're trying to force out Goodell?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I wonder when the announcers will start pointing out that players are "protesting" during the game when they take a knee in the end zone on kickoffs? Or when the winning team QB takes a knee on the last play of the game? :confused: :Roflmao:

livespive

So was Tebow praying to God, or was he protesting Satin?????!? :D:p;)

I wonder when the announcers will start pointing out that players are "protesting" during the game when they take a knee in the end zone on kickoffs? Or when the winning team QB takes a knee on the last play of the game? :confused: :Roflmao:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND AS YOU ALL KNOW, THERE IS A PENALTY FOR EXCESIVE CELEBRATION IN THE END ZONE. EVERYTHING IS ILLEGAL EXCEPT STANDING FOR THE ANTHEM. I WOULDNT MIND IF THEY DID AWAY WITH IT EVERYWHERE, EVEN THE OLYMPICS. IF IT ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR OWN SOIL, WHAT MAKES IT BETTER THERE? AND THEN IF THE PROTEST CARRIED OVERSEAS, OH WAIT, IT JUST DID, IN LONDON! NOW THAT THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS, WHATS NEXT?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I think it would be hilarious if another player went up to a kneeling player, grabbed the back of his head, and forced it into his crotch as if he were shoving his dick down the kneelers throat! :Roflmao:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
G GOT IT RIGHT. ITS JUST LIKE A DOG ROLLING OVER TO EXPOSE ITS BELLY. KNEELING IS A SIGN OF SUBMISSION. :Thumbsup:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WATCHED GAME TONIGHT, COWBOYS GOT IT RIGHT. KNEEL BEFORE ANTHEM - STAND DURING ANTHEM. SENDS SAME SIGNAL OF PROTEST AND STILL RESPECTS THE ANTHEM.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WATCHED GAME TONIGHT, COWBOYS GOT IT RIGHT. KNEEL BEFORE ANTHEM - STAND DURING ANTHEM. SENDS SAME SIGNAL OF PROTEST AND STILL RESPECTS THE ANTHEM.
They didn't get it right. Protesting at work is still bullshit and all those fans didn't pay extreme prices, nor do I pay my cable bill to watch that. They can protest BEFORE they get to the field or after they leave it. As I said before, there are 22 hours left in the day to protest their little hearts out.

livespive

That would mean that the guy standing up would have to go to a place in his mind that I don't think he is ready to go to :)

I think it would be hilarious if another player went up to a kneeling player, grabbed the back of his head, and forced it into his crotch as if he were shoving his dick down the kneelers throat! :Roflmao:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I AGREE G. BUT...THE TEAMS ARE GOING TO PROTEST. I DONT THINK DOING IT DURING THE ANTHEM IS THE RIGHT TIME TO DO SO.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I AGREE G. BUT...THE TEAMS ARE GOING TO PROTEST. I DONT THINK DOING IT DURING THE ANTHEM IS THE RIGHT TIME TO DO SO.
You watch how quickly it turns around when the repercussions of their actions start hitting their wallets. You want to see how sincere those potests are? Just watch. Von Miller already lost an endorsement. More will come. Stay tuned.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I DONT DOUBT THAT AT ALL. MOST COMPANIES STAND BEHIND THE ANTHEM AND AMERICA. IT IS APPARENT THAT THE PLAYERS DO NOT. THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE COMPANIES THAT SPONSER THEM AND THE FANS THAT SUPPORT THEM. THEY HAVE THE ME ME ME MENTALITY.

livespive

Looks like my post didn't go through...

My question is this, when is the right time to protest, and when is the right time to get someone's attention?

They didn't get it right. Protesting at work is still bullshit and all those fans didn't pay extreme prices, nor do I pay my cable bill to watch that. They can protest BEFORE they get to the field or after they leave it. As I said before, there are 22 hours left in the day to protest their little hearts out.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Looks like my post didn't go through...

My question is this, when is the right time to protest, and when is the right time to get someone's attention?
Getting attention. Ah, yes, the age old problem. See, people love to use the constitution and bill of rights to scream about 1A. Yes, 1A supplies the right to protest, freedom of speech, yada yada. But people don't grasp is that, even tho you have the right to speak, you DO NOT have the right to be heard. Using a football stadium to protest is simply wrong because of the captive audience. As I said, protest before the game out in the street, the park, wherever people didn't have to pay, or be corralled into a closed venue. I don't care if they scream from their roofs afterwards. Thinking they have the right to be heard is their mistake.