Was I wrong?

Sorry I haven't been around....things have been crazy at work, plus at home as well. Was off to El Paso, then our league had a sweeper up in Reno, my son is playing flag football, so just lots going on.

I had this happen to me this morning and I wanted to see if I was overreacting:

As I pulled into the parking lot at work, I found a space and began to back in. I have an slightly older car, no rear-view camera so have to do it all old school with mirrors and looking over my shoulder. I usually leave a space open between me and the last car in line, just for safety and to make sure I don't have to worry about it. So as I was about 3/4 of the way into the space, another car comes in and parks in the space I left open, while I am still backing up. One other thing, we have a strong safety culture at our company. We are supposed to stop working when we see a potentially unsafe situation and correct it before proceeding. So I asked the lady who pulled in next to me like that if she thought that was safe. She got upset with me, basically saying it was my fault for taking to long to back up. Saying I was straight in and should have been done. Needless to say I didn't stand for that and continued to mention the unsafe nature of what she did. Her response was to apologize for offending me?!? I then said that it wasn't about offending me, it was about being safe. Well we went round and round on this for a minute or two longer and then parted ways as I began walking to the building. The entire time she was upset at me for saying something and saying it was my fault.

Was I wrong in my statement? Did I overreact to this? Just need a neutral 3rd Party view from sane individuals, and since I don't know any of those, you guys will have to do. :)

Robadat

Don't take so damn long to park, don't you know people got to get to work in the morning...:Biggrin:

All kidding aside, not being there, I don't know just how unsafe she made the situation, but it's usually not worth the trouble to argue with people over trivial stuff like this.

Spider

Rob has a point. Nobody likes to be "Steven'ed".

Don't take so damn long to park, don't you know people got to get to work in the morning...:Biggrin:

All kidding aside, not being there, I don't know just how unsafe she made the situation, but it's usually not worth the trouble to argue with people over trivial stuff like this.

livespive

Given that you have a safety policy, yes you should have said something, if everyone know of the policy.
If it wasn't for the policy then no.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Fuck that bitch. Sounds like another braindead "princess" who thinks the world should revolve around HER.

If I were you, I'd go hire a prostitute, get an STD, then find out who this chick's best friend is. Go fuck her best friend (giving her the STD), and when you leave tell her "Oh yeah, your friend (insert name) is a real bitch. You can thank her for the (insert STD) I just gave you. Have a nice life!" :Devilish:

:cool:

Live, yes everyone knows of the policy. Our CEO speaks to it everytime he writes or talks to us. We do monthly observations of each other that we have to log into a system around our safe and unsafe behaviors.

Rob, I wasn't expecting an argument, lol. Based on our culture, we are supposed to point out unsafe behaviors. I thought I was doing the right thing....cause if she continues this, one of these times someone's going to do something unexpected, or stupid, like opening their car door to check if they are aligned, and she is going to hit it or wind up hitting the parked car on the other side. Not everyone is as courteous as me to just let her zoom in :Geek:.

One thing I didn't mention the first time is that this is the second time she has done this to me. The first time I didn't say anything. Now it has been about a month since that incident, maybe more (time flies, lol). Plus it's not like I was taking 10 mins to park, she couldn't have been waiting more then 20-30 seconds, as I had looked forward to use the parking spaces on the other side of the parking aisle to judge my alignment prior to finishing backing up, and she wasn't there.

Robadat

Next time, just take the first available spot and line up off the car next to you. You know, safety reasons and all that, you create a less desirable safety condition by making someone else have to squeeze in between two parked cars...

livespive

Report her, but remember......

Snitches get Stiches lol, she might be waiting outside for you one night.:Ninja:

Live, yes everyone knows of the policy. Our CEO speaks to it everytime he writes or talks to us. We do monthly observations of each other that we have to log into a system around our safe and unsafe behaviors.

Rob, I wasn't expecting an argument, lol. Based on our culture, we are supposed to point out unsafe behaviors. I thought I was doing the right thing....cause if she continues this, one of these times someone's going to do something unexpected, or stupid, like opening their car door to check if they are aligned, and she is going to hit it or wind up hitting the parked car on the other side. Not everyone is as courteous as me to just let her zoom in :Geek:.

One thing I didn't mention the first time is that this is the second time she has done this to me. The first time I didn't say anything. Now it has been about a month since that incident, maybe more (time flies, lol). Plus it's not like I was taking 10 mins to park, she couldn't have been waiting more then 20-30 seconds, as I had looked forward to use the parking spaces on the other side of the parking aisle to judge my alignment prior to finishing backing up, and she wasn't there.

Report her, but remember......

Snitches get Stiches lol, she might be waiting outside for you one night.:Ninja:
Luckily Live, the system is anonymous for the observee...no one would ever know who I was talking about...unless the lady who was watching us reads it, lol.

It could all be a ploy to get into your pants.
I certainly hope not, for her sake....I'd be afraid to know what my wife would do to her, lol.

Also....she is a bit supermodel challenged. I think that is the PC way of saying she got hit with the ugly stick a few too many times. And I am not a skinny person by any means, but she might have made me look underfed. So I think we will just stick with Supermodel Challenged. o_O:Sneaky::Speechless:

livespive

Yeah, but if she gets in trouble because of you, she will know it's you.....

What other slow driver could she cut off in the lot.:Oo::rolleyes:

Luckily Live, the system is anonymous for the observee...no one would ever know who I was talking about...unless the lady who was watching us reads it, lol.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
OK. In light of this new information, I have a new solution that will not involve squealing nor confrontation. Keep a pack of paper plates in your car, and every morning take a jelly donut with you. As you prepare to park, set the jelly donut on a plate 20 yards from where you'll be maneuvering your vehicle. When Miss Piggy comes in, she'll stop to get the jelly donut! In the time it'll take for her to get out of the car, waddle up to get the donut, then cram herself back into the car, you should be safely parked and out of your vehicle.

As a bonus, if she doesn't show up you can retrieve the donut and have it for breakfast!

You're welcome. :)

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IM THINKING WHAT G SAID IS RIGHT. SHE PROBABLY WAITS SOMEWHERE TO SEE YOU PULL IN, THEN ZIPS OVER. HUBBA HUBBA.