What the What is going on in Houston, TX?

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Back when Bushy was potus and Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans- the same thing happened. The people that were trying to help were being disrespected and even shot at. A brutha was perched on a roof with a tactical rifle and shooting at a helicopter. It's like they crave chaos.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
They fled NO to come here and must've stayed. I avoid Houston like the plague, but unfortunately it is absorbing our suburban town. Things are changing and none of it is good.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I haven't spent much time in Austin, but I think Houston is more diverse - we have large clusters of people from all parts of the world and all different economic levels. Which is cool, because you don't have to go far to get a sampling of different cultures. But there's just so damn many people, and the infrastructure can't keep up. It's so spread out what little public transportation there is really isn't effective or beneficial to very many people. It's disjointed everywhere. A night on the town means you're going to have to drive and find parking at each venue you want to go - there really isn't an option to drive in, park, and do everything you want to do within walking distance of your car. And the traffic is shit, always. Everywhere. That's the part that gets me. The traffic makes you not even want to try and get out to go anywhere.

That's my own rant. Sorry about that. But I can totally see how it can drive people insane. Plus, you get this many people in one area you're bound to have a decent share of mental basket cases mixed in with criminal elements too. Doesn't help me understand how someone could be so irrational as to attack people who left their families to come help us out, or what their motivation/thought process is behind it. It's both crazy and terrifying.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
This sort of reminds me of Jacksonville, Fl. Where I grew up. Over a million people in the largest city (sq miles) in the CONUS. No public transit and drive and pay to park in downtown or just about anywhere.

I live in a county of 400K with a city of 200K and we are all suburban.

All the millennials and Zers here want more urban living and public transit but that won't work when most people work in a research park or military base.

Last edited: